Corsair Community

Performance 3 128 gb vs Force 3 120 gb?

jdhatt

so i bought the corsair performance 3 128gb drive because the scarce reviews on it seemed to rave about it and it was on sale and i got it for $227 after taxes and rebate. i pick up the drive on monday from the ncix warehouse but was wondering if i should instead pay the extra $25ish (after taxes) for the force 3 thats released. it isnt in stock at ncix yet but im willing to wait a week or so until its in....so what do you guys think? is the performance 3 reliable enough and is the difference that huge in real world usage (not benchmarking) that i need to wait and pay the extra $25? i find it odd that the performance 3, when its not on sale, is still quite a bit more expensive than the force 3, does anyone know why this is? ive seen it for about $270-300 while the force 3 is being released at $240 in canada...

• Corsair Employees
With anything new the cost will be a bit more expensive and its based on the second generation of Sand Force Controllers so I would expect them to be more stable and offer better performance.

Archived