Corsair Community

Force Series 3: Incompatibility or arrived dead?

Bozzano

Hi, I've just got my brand new SSD by Corsair, Force Series 3 120GB.

I plugged on my PC and it's not showing up on BIOS or anywhere.

My motherboard only have SATA 2 ports, but i've read about it and it should be retrocompatible.

I also tested in another computer, tried different sata cables, power cord, all the sata ports in both computers, and the SSD just doesn't work.

How should I proceed? I'm pretty sure that all SATA 3 devices are retrocompatibles, so i'm assuming that I got a defective SSD.

Another thing, I live in Japan, so I don't exactly know how the RMA will work.

I'd rather do it here then returning to the store, because I'm not fluent in japanese and I bought it online to make things even worse.

I would really appreciate some help, this never happened to me before and I'm kinda of lost.

If you get it working, I would like to see the results since the only reviews I can find are all from Japan by users. There might be some bios settings that you might need to reveal (they are sometimes hidden until you change a particular setting, that then opens new Bios setting you would not otherwise see).

Try setting to ACHI and RAID and see if any additional Bios options open.

Be sure all Sata channels are enabled and open. If you have a Sata to USB adaptor you might be able to try it externally for further verification.

Are you using a Japanese computer with a Bios written in Japanese?

there are RMA depots in Taiwan and the Netherlands.

what store did you buy it from?

I've bought from this store:

http://www.signal-pc.com/shop/f_ss01.html

If you get it working, I would like to see the results since the only reviews I can find are all from Japan by users. There might be some bios settings that you might need to reveal (they are sometimes hidden until you change a particular setting, that then opens new Bios setting you would not otherwise see).

Try setting to ACHI and RAID and see if any additional Bios options open.

Be sure all Sata channels are enabled and open. If you have a Sata to USB adaptor you might be able to try it externally for further verification.

Are you using a Japanese computer with a Bios written in Japanese?

I've tried every possible option, IDE, RAID, AHCI, I've plugged on every port from the IHCR10, then tried on the JMicron ports, changing the settings to IDE, AHCI or RAID on the JMicron aswell.

Did the same on another computer, same result.

Only thing that I didn't try is the SATA to USB enclosure, but at this point I'm pretty sure that the SSD is not working.

Neither my computer nor my BIOS are in Japanese, all in English here.

As far as the results, since I have a SATA2 motherboard, it would be pointless to measure the performance, it would be bottlenecked by the SATA.

I wish I could though, that would mean that my SSD was working :(

can u post the links here plz ;-)

What links?

@topic: Now, how should I proceed?

I've heard that the RMA by Corsair is one of the best in the market, and because of that I'm very supportive of the brand, I have a 700D, a H70, a HX850 and a Vengeance 12GB RAM Kit, all from Corsair.

And now the SSD, I really hope that this goes well, so I can continue to buy products from the brand.

use the link on the left, use the top line portion and post your case# so RAM GUY can speed things along when he is back tomorrow.

sorry to hear of your trouble with a new drive!

the phone # of the store is on that link, maybe they will exchange it faster?

worth a shot?

use the link on the left, use the top line portion and post your case# so RAM GUY can speed things along when he is back tomorrow.

sorry to hear of your trouble with a new drive!

the phone # of the store is on that link, maybe they will exchange it faster?

worth a shot?

I tried the link, but the Force Series 3 isn't listed yet.

I'm assuming that's because it's such a new product.

I'll give it a shot by calling the store, I really struggle in the japanese department, but it won't hurt. If I get lucky enough, someone there will speak english.

In the meantime, maybe something can be done about the Force Series 3 absence on the RMA list?

Oh, and excuse my broken english, it's not my native language.

• Corsair Employees
I would try the drive on another system to be sure its not your system, but yes they should still work on a system using S-ATA2 controllers and if you the RMA just fill out the form with the closest part number you can find and let me know the Case number and I will correct it.

Well, I tried calling the store for replacement but got no lucky, I spoke to them through a translator so I don't really know how the conversation went, but in the end they said to get in touch with some another company that deals with warranty or something.

I've done some reading on the thread mentioned before, and appears this is happening to a lot of people, so I'm just gonna finish reading that and I'll keep the drive for now, hopefully a solution will emerge and I'll be able to avoid RMA and all the complication.

Archived