Corsair Community

Dominator 24GB Stability

incloud

I've had my new memory from you guys for a few weeks now. 24GB Dominator. The tests I have performed at different levels give odd results. The memory defaults to 11-11-11-30 at your rated voltages. Setting the timings to 9-9-9-24 results in poor performance in comparison to the 11 timings. I have tried VTT up to 1.45 and memory up to 1.65. They just run best at 11. When set for XMS, the system shuts down every time after a few minutes of average use. If I could get some input on best settings for this set for best performance it would be greatly appreciated. Seems that every time I get the system running sweet, it starts lagging here and there. Taking forever to load pages, not responding errors in programs, etc. The memory tests Memtest fine at various settings but not spec or XMS. Thanks in advance, incloud.

If you have two 12gig kits it's considered mixing RAM. Even two kits with the exact same part number and even version number may not work together at rated speeds. You are better off to purchase one 24 gig kit that has been tested together to make sure all dimms are compatible with each other.

You can try to lower the frequency to 1333 and see if they are stable that way. And if they are that may be the best you'll get. XMP is usually only supported for one set of dimm's. Meaning that i bet if you remove one of your kits XMP will work just fine. When you populate all your memory slots it increases the load on the memory controller and depending on your particular CPU may not be strong enough to run two separate kits at 1600mhz no matter how much voltage you throw at it.

Thanks guys and sorry for the delay. I already went through the separate kit issue and Corsair replaced my 2x 12GB Vengeance with one kit of 24GB Dominator Ram. They default to 1066 @ 7-7-7-21. Setting 1600 and 1.65v defaults to 11-11-11-30. If I set the timings to 9-9-9-24 it runs lousy. I've raised the VTT +150 and voltage at 1.65 with 9-9-9-30 and it is better. Not great and kind of choppy. Something is lacking. If this is the performance you get from a 3.4gb quad core processor, 2 GTX 560ti's and 24 gigs of ram then we need better technology. I have well over three thousand in this system and it doesn't seem much better than my friends eight hundred dollar Del*l. Any ideas?

Archived