Corsair Community

Annoying buzzing/humming high pitch noise from VX450W...

khayan

When installed PSU there was no noise at all coming from it. Now, after two months of use there is sometimes a continuous fan noise (like it is unbalanced), but there is also an annoying buzzzing noise coming and going on an intermitent but consistent basis from an electronic component of the PSU, especially when using the Internet just during simple searches (not streaming video!!!) or just working with the MS Office typing a letter or with a spreadsheet. I replaced my original quite old 310W IBM PSU for this one, and I am really dissapointed.

I have an IBM PC ThinkCentre Pentium IV 3.4GHz with Hyperthreading techonology that I have disabled, as well as the CS1 state following the recommendations that I found in your forum (only left CS3 as the unique alternate option). I barely use as much as 5 of all of the connectors provided, so my power consumption should be and is quite low for such a powerful PSU!!!

I replaced the original IBM PSU because it had a noisy fan and I was so happy when I installed this one as it was 100% quiet in all aspects!!!I will appreciate your kind and prompt attention to this issue. I have already sent a request for a RMA. Please contact me to make arrangements to replace this defective PSU as soon as possible. How the exchange is managed? I mean do you send me the PSU replacement before I send you the defective one, so I am able to use my PC in the meantime, or you need to receive the defective one before sending me the replacement?

Dear RAM GUY,

Thank you again for your very kind and prompt reply. This speaks very LOUD and HIGHLY POSITIVELY about the great service you provide to your customers!!!

I was backing up my hard drive on my PC, so I did not have the opportunity to check on your note before but just few minutes ago. I have to say that I called earlier today to your customer service department, and an agent checked my case, as well as my posting and your reply, and assigned an RMA over the phone. I also received the e-mail with proper instructions about how to return the PSU, printed the label, and got addditional valuable information about the procedure and approximate timing for the shipment/delivery of a PSU replacement as soon as you get mine.

It is a real pleasure to deal with a company like yours!!! So keep it always up!!!

With my very best,

khayan

Archived