Corsair Community

Bracket doesn't seem to fit correctly on Asus p8p67 Pro

hotstocks

I just purchased your H50 cooler with a new i5 2500k sandy bridge processor and

an Asus p8p67 pro motherboard. I watched the installation video and saw that the

backplate lines up nice and square with the motherboards backside metal plate.

From the forum I saw that the backplate is compatible,

and just use the 1156 holes for mounting. When I do this, the backplate is not square,

it runs diagonal and the tape goes over some solder pins? on the motherboard. This

can't be right, the tape needs to be removed for the bracket not to wobble (bow), but

then it is still diagonal and the mobo pins will break the bracket when I screw it in?

Or do I leave the tape and put the backplate in diagonal and the pins go thru the tape.

Socket 1155 users will need help, please respond asap.

Thanks

actually IMHO the tape is a nice cushion for the electronics underneath, the corners of the bracket should bow in a little and better the pressure be on the cushy tape instead of hard plastic. but thats just my opinion, i'd wait for an official technical opinion

Checked your pics above and yes that looks very ill-fitting , i would suggest that you don't try to use it like that as you may end up pulling one of those smt's off the board , also if the plate flexes due to not fitting flush with the board you will have uneven pressure on the CPU .

Theres another thread on here with another Asus board with similiar issues with an H70 that uses the same mount so looks like there may be a problem brewing here .

As Synth has said i would wait for an official line from Corsair .

Someone at tech said you can purposely put a cut or snap break in that side of the backplate so it doesn't put a lot of pressure on the resistors. Will look like a n almost closed C. Just dremel a line through it to make it open/flexible in that area. You will still have the frame with the 4 metal screws and nuts to hold the cooler in just fine. Any thoughts?

Actually the bracket is set up perfectly, Corsair said the diagonal is normal for it. When I pressed harder, the pins just pierced the double sided tape and it almost gets flush. It does clear the resistors, but does bow out a little. I think it will end up working fine (will try to build computer this weekend), though not a PERFECT fit by any means.

I have the same board and same issue. The bracket clears the interference from the solder joints when no tape is installed, so I"m going to just leave the double sided tape off that side of the bracket.

As far as I can tell, the only purpose of the tape is to hold the bracket in place for assembly. Does anyone see a problem with leaving one piece double sided tape off? The backplate itself is what sets the spacing, not the tape.

Don't have 1155, but on DFI DK P55 1156 same thing but it's fine to just puncture the tape see http://i4memory.com/f80/dfi-lp-dk-p55-t3eh9-overclocking-info-review-21906/#post125840 BUT doesn't bow out on mine

http://img3.i4memory.info/reviewimages/motherboards/dfi/lp_dk_p55_t3eh9/installed/html/photos/dfip55_i5750_26.jpg

http://img3.i4memory.info/reviewimages/motherboards/dfi/lp_dk_p55_t3eh9/installed/html/photos/dfip55_i5750_30.jpg

I am having similar problems.

did get the back bracket to fit ok.

the top bracket screws do not line up with the MOBO holes.

the H70 directions say to put the screws in the outer portion of the mounting bracket. Also one set of instructions say to put them in the inner portion of bracket. Neither position fits.

Am considering doing 2 screws in the inner brackets and 2 screws in the outer brackets??

Would the cooler block still fit on the CPU ok???

Thanks

Silly ME!!

the H70 has two sets of parts that hold the screws in the top bracket (4 each). These 'parts' are almost indentical except that one set of 4 has two holes and the other set just has one.

Using the set with two holes each and using the inner holes, the bracket fits perfectly!!

My wife was examining the brackets while I was sending the first "post" and pointed this out to me :)

Any information from Corsair on the matter?

I got P8P67 Deluxe and I was confused too about those pins but still used a tape. No problems so far except that idle temp of my 2600k is about 36 C, and load not hotter than 58 C.

Do I need to get rid of this tape?

One more thing I have Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4 mobo with Core i7 920 and if I'd try to attach H50 to it I end up with the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

How much did you have to modify the 1165 bracket? I just started assembly of a new system tonight and ran into the issue of this bracket not aligning correctly on my Sabertooth P67. It looks like the hole pattern is off by more than 1/8" for the rear bracket.

Second issue I have here is due to the fact I wanted to mount the sticky tape to the bracket, but not the board, which I have to return in April, or when Newegg gets replacement boards for the chipset issue. I think if I can get the back bracket to fit I will leave off the tape.

How much did you have to modify the 1165 bracket? I just started assembly of a new system tonight and ran into the issue of this bracket not aligning correctly on my Sabertooth P67. It looks like the hole pattern is off by more than 1/8" for the rear bracket.

Second issue I have here is due to the fact I wanted to mount the sticky tape to the bracket, but not the board, which I have to return in April, or when Newegg gets replacement boards for the chipset issue. I think if I can get the back bracket to fit I will leave off the tape.

You don't have to modify it. Read 3 posts above yours.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=485977&postcount=19

I just started assembly of a new system tonight and ran into the issue of this bracket not aligning correctly on my Sabertooth P67. It looks like the hole pattern is off by more than 1/8" for the rear bracket.

1155 and 1156 mounting patterns are EXACTLY the same spacing/dimensions. Can you post a picture of what you are seeing?

Archived