Corsair Community

New Cases (Obsidian 650D and Special Edition White Graphite 600T)

Wired

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My dealer has said Corsair has made another delay until 15 April.....bad luck continues to plague me

Nuts. I bought all my other components for my new build last week. I saved picking the case for last so I could base the purchase on what size I would need. Plus, how hard could it be to find a good case?? After seeing the 600T in white, the answer is: very hard. Well, I don't want my components to pass their return dates before the build, so I'll have to pick a deadline for myself I guess. Grrrr.

I suppose I could cancel my order and buy another white chassis from another manufacturer, but Corsair has always had good quality and great customer service so I'll just wait it out. The 650D seems to be in stock in Europe and while that seems to be a nice alternative the white/black color scheme of the special edition 600T is just too good to pass up. In addition I bought some white extension cables that are for the PSU, PCI-E, SATA, and motherboard power connectors.

With the economy really bad right now I have seen several auto paint shops in the USA offer to paint PC chassis's, (they need the cash). I would think a powdercoat white Corsair 800D would look awesome. You have to strip it down so that they can paint all the parts but if you want it looking great that is one method to do it.

I'll be praying to the 'gods' that deliver Corsair products in Europe if they can get these in stock soon.

Ya but that needs Extra work to do it myself and I would have to go out and find somebody I trust to paint it.

and if i did paint it my self It would not be white as much as I like the white... No no it would be something more Extreme... like thermal color change paint, mirror chrome or color shifting Chameleon Paints. (had my eye on green and blue for a long time.)

I have thought about buying some of this spray paint in cans and painting a PC case for years But I do not have time for that kinda stuff anymore I am too busy to get started on a long project. Building the PC takes long enough.

Alsa makes some of the most sweet spray paint cans I have ever seen and i would love to buy a bunch of PC cases and paint them up with a bunch of there paints but I don't got time maybe someday I might do it though.

http://www.alsacorp.com/

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/sfx/spectrafx.htm#productinfo

http://www.alsacorp.com/live/view_spectrafx_manequines.html

http://www.kustomrides.com/Photos/thumbs/violet2a.jpg

The thermal heat color paint needs a pro air gun to apply though or I would do it since it's insane.

IF somebody is going to paint there 800D in a CRazy ALSA corp paint though I would love to see it.

I know...been checking everyday. Was going to wait for the case before buying parts but Newegg had some discounts for the phenom 695 BE and the psu I wanted.

Hopefully the price is close to the Graphite. Frys had it on sale last week I think for about $120 (after rebate). Never spent this much on a case, but I plan on the 600t for the longterm.

Hopefully Corsair is aware of the demand for this product. In Europe my authorized Corsair dealer is hoping for a release date in mid April. I hope this item is shipping to it's appropriate Corsair warehouses around the world but the only one that can verify that is Corsair.

I have been waiting three weeks to pull the plug on a new system build, all based around this White 600T... with Corsair ram, Corsair psu, Corsair h60 cpu cooler, and a Corsair SSD -

I dearly hope there are no more delays!

Or it might be time to buy some white spray paint and just get the regular 600T -

We can make guesses all we want. Is there anyone out there (Yellowbeard?) that can give us better intel on what may be the reasons for delay? Or more importantly information on the actual delivery time?

Would sure be nice.

I am looking at other cases now - at this point I have no idea if the SE 600T is even ever going to be released - I was really hoping to get this Corsair case (and associated Corsair components to match it), but I'd like to build a new system before 2012.

Would be great if there was an expected release date posted ANYWHERE, so I could at least have a clue. I would have waited a few weeks if I knew a real date officially from a Corsair rep.

But, without that, it is time to move on and look at other cases (and thus components - I just like stuff to match as much as possible, call it OCD if you want) from other manufacturers.

I am still hopeful this month for delivery, but if it comes in May that will also be fine. I hope to have more Corsair based NEW products at that time anyway (May). I think there has been a great amount of positive info about this 'white' chassis and maybe Corsair should consider making some limited edition white chassis colors for some of their other existing models. provided of course this color combo proves to be a big hit with modders.

Archived