Corsair Community

bad memory

Same problem here, I have two TR3X6G1600C8D 2GB modules on an Asus M4A78T-E board.

The system is completely unstable, it crashes all the time, sometimes it does not boot. I never had a bluescreen, the system just froze randomly, especially when I did the Windows 7 performance index test.

This is what I already have done to diagnose the issues:

1. replaced the Asus M4A78T-E with a brand new one of the same type.

2. replaced my Athlon X3 445 CPU with an Athlon X4 645 CPU

3. ran MemTest and there were no issues with the RAM,

Both hardware changes did not solve the issue.

Then I installed 2 x 2 GB Micron DDR3 1333 RAMs, bang, problem solved. I ordered Patriot Signature DDR3 1333 RAMs now, they will work with 1.5v as well. My father has the same Asus M4A78T-E motherboard and is also using Patriot DDR3 1333 RAM with an Athlon X4 620, no issues there either.

Guess again what caused my frequent freezes? It is defective Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D RAM, so far for good quality RAM, yes right. I lost hours in the diagnosis of the issue, I lost money by replacing a completely fine AMD X3 445 CPU. No one is refunding my money that I spent to replace that CPU. All because of defective and incompatible Corsair RAM.

Thank you very much, Corsair, for all this trouble. Next time I will buy some quality RAM and I will also recommend the Patriot brand to my friends and colleagues.

Are you saying you're using two out of the 3 sticks from a TR3X6G1600C8D kit on an AMD system? If so, they're not compatible, which could very well be your issue.

Since 1333 MHz memory is working on your system, did you ever try underclocking the Corsair memory you have?

Archived