Corsair Community

Low mic volume

Zimz

On just about every application i use the mic volume is low. Ventrillo is the only program that produces adequate volume (still pretty quiet tho). Everything else is pretty much to low to be heard by anyone and/or has to much static to be clear/heard. Iv noticed a few other threads about these issues on the forums and was wondering when we can expect a fix? i have 25 days left before i can no longer return my headphones, which i would hate to do, but will if this is left unfixed by then. Thanks.

I have the same problem with the mic not working in games also. The volume is too low for Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty WaW, and Call of Duty Black Ops. The mic is maxxed out in the windows sound settings. It works loud and clear in Ventrilo though. I disabled my onboard soundcard before building my system and only use the HS1 headphones. I have already RMA'd my headphones once for the same problem. This new set sounds exactly the same. What can I do? Is there a way to enable the boost option in the windows sound settings? I honestly believe this would work.

The COD settings are based on the Windows sound settings. I have the windows settings cranked all the way up. When I use analog headphones, I always need to enable the mic boost feature for the analog mic to work in these games. Of course that feature is missing from the HS1 driver.

Archived