Corsair Community

Flash Voyager GT 16GB extremely slow in writing/copying data

zarko

Dear Corsair Team,

I would appreciate your guidance on how to increase the transfer rate on my Flash Voyager GT 16GB, which is extremely slow in writing and copying data. If I want to copy 1 GB of data from my hard disk over to the USB Flash Voyager GT 16 GB it could take well over an hour for this job. Likewise, 13 GB takes many, many hours to copy/synchronize. Why is it so and could it be that my USB stick is faulty?

Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Thanks and regards,

Zarko.

I have realised that after the format the file system has changed into FAT32. I really have a need for files larger than 4GB, hence this file format does not suit me at very much. What should I do? What is a disadvantage of the NTFS file system compared to FAT32 on the Flash Voyager GT 16GB? Thanks for your reply in advance!

I bought it in a computer shop in Zagreb, Croatia.

I did format it according to your instructions and now the file system is FAT32.

What are the specs for this device? And what values would have been acceptable?

Thanks for helping me out in this case, but I guess the only solution will be to send the device back through the RMA process and request a new one.

Will be anyway looking forward to receiving your reply. Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee

The read speed should be about 30 MBps and the write should be about 13-16 MBps for that drive, and yes please use the link on the left and request an RMA.

Are there number stamped in the USB connector?

On the front side of the USB connector I see the following numbers: G16G (above) and NMC830831 (below). On the back side of the USB connector the following number is written: 08126002-0. Does this tell you anything?

Archived