Corsair Community

Corsair rebates are like dust in the wind...

John_M

Whatever you do, don't count on getting any rebate they promise. Corsair will do whatever they can to ensure you don't. First you'll have to bend over backward in an effort to fulfill their bizarre requirements, and if you make a single mistake--even the tiniest typo--you can kiss your rebate good-bye. But if you're fortunate enough to ever get your "rebate", after waiting month after month after month, you won't be able to cash it. Why? Because Corsair won't send you any money. Instead, you'll receive a so-called rebate card which you cannot cash anywhere nor deposit at any bank. Furthermore, the card will accrue monthly fees, from which the issuer is only too happy to deduct from your balance as fast as they can. So be sure to read the lengthy legaleze; if you ever actually receive that "rebate" you were promised, that is.

I've seen a few decent reviews about this company's products. Now that I know about their sleazy rebates however, I wonder what other disreputable things Corsair does. I wonder if they stand behind their warranty like they stand behind their rebate. I wonder if their products are manufactured by slave laborers in Chinese sweat shops. I wonder if they bribe people to write good reviews for them. There's one thing I do know for certain: Never again will I buy anything from Corsair. Never.

"Bizzare" requirements? How is sending in the UPC and a copy of the receipt bizarre? Also, you can always contact Corsair's customer service if you have any issues with the rebate process and they'll help you out.

Attacking Corsair's reputation with suppositions will do you no good. They'll still help you out, but it certainly doesn't make anybody want to help you.

Archived