Corsair Community

AX1200 Installation Problem

pinkerton

Hello, new member here. And new PC enthusiast.

I need some help. I bought a new AX1200 PSU because I heard it was one of the best and would be a worthy investment for future upgrades to my computer. I went through all this work and patience to remove my old PSU and cables carefully and installed my new AX1200 with eager anticipation.

However (As im sure Im not the first one) when I hit the power button, the PC turned on for 1 second and dropped offline. I went through all of my connections on the motherboard, GPU, HDD, Optical drives, etc and nothing. I even get an orange light when I connect power to the PC on the I/O card (but this is before I hit the power button)

I wanted to try the PSU test (green wire and black wire) however they are all black wires so no luck there.. :(

I am eager to try and remedy this problem with someones help, but I dont want to go out and buy any "power supply testers". I mean, this isnt really my fault the damn thing doesn work (if thats the issue). I just want to install it and move on. It cant but help feeling a bit discouraged, like this is a little bit unfair.

Sorry for my frusteration, any help please! Thank you in advance. and I will be cooperative to any advice :)

Alright I'm ready to perform the "paperclip" test on the PSU. However, I do have a question. How am I able to connect a load for the PSU (like my fan)? The peripheral molax connection from the PSU isnt able to connect to the fan. How am I actually able to connect my fan to the PSU for testing?

Determined that the problem is the power supply (I believe) and I called Corsair to try and speak to somebody in Tech Support. However.. It seems like nobody is there. I was on hold for literally an hour with the lady telling me that I have "less than one minute" left lol.

I just want to know who I have to talk to about getting a replacement or refund before too much time goes by and I get screwed. I just bought this thing and its causing me a great amount of grief.. ugh

Determined that the problem is the power supply (I believe) and I called Corsair to try and speak to somebody in Tech Support. However.. It seems like nobody is there. I was on hold for literally an hour with the lady telling me that I have "less than one minute" left lol.

I just want to know who I have to talk to about getting a replacement or refund before too much time goes by and I get screwed. I just bought this thing and its causing me a great amount of grief.. ugh

Use the RMA link on the left side of this page. It will get your RMA started much faster than by phone. We are sorry you had an issue with your PSU and will get you fixed up ASAP.

Use the RMA link on the left side of this page. It will get your RMA started much faster than by phone. We are sorry you had an issue with your PSU and will get you fixed up ASAP.

Yeah I started one a RMA as well and used the same description as above. I understand that these things happen and just want to do whatever to get a working PSU or whatever for my PC.

Im mostly just bummed out, I was so excited about the PSU and everything and its just kind of a downer :(

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

Just reading your post and was wondering what the out come was regarding your AX1200. The reason I ask is Ive just purchased one yesterday and are experiencing exactly the same problems.

Straight out of the box onto a test rig: (ASUSP67 M/board, Corsair Vengeance 1866 Ram & Nvidia GTX 590 card). The LCD displays on the M/board, but as soon as I short the Power Switch to run the TEST, Heatsink Fan activates for a mill-second and then the Corsair AX1200 trips-out.

Anyone Any ideas.

Regards

John

If you've gotten to the point of RMAing and are having problems with crosair support, just send it back to where you got it from. places like newegg or best buy give you atleast 30 days to RMA most any product thats DOA (Dead on arrival). plus shipping is usually faster.

• Corsair Employee

That may suggest a problem with the MB; you might check with the MB Manufacturer to be sure and for sure try and update the MB BIOS as well before you do the RMA on the PSU.

Same here

Hi there,

Just reading your post and was wondering what the out come was regarding your AX1200. The reason I ask is Ive just purchased one yesterday and are experiencing exactly the same problems.

Straight out of the box onto a test rig: (ASUSP67 M/board, Corsair Vengeance 1866 Ram & Nvidia GTX 590 card). The LCD displays on the M/board, but as soon as I short the Power Switch to run the TEST, Heatsink Fan activates for a mill-second and then the Corsair AX1200 trips-out.

Archived