Corsair Community

Does the Corsair 600t support E-ATX?

Ultimatium

Yeah that's no worries I was a bit disappointed myself with the cable management,but today my corsair AX1200 turned up in the mail and I fitted that and redid the cable management and this time it turned out a lot better,I ran a lot of the cables through the grommets this time like I should of done the first time around plus I think the AX1200 black braided cables has helped clean things up a lot,I also added the Lian.Li 4 bay hotswap at the front which gives me a total of 10 harddrive bays now.

This is how the cable management looks after I redid it with the new AX1200,I don't think I can get it any cleaner than this considering I have 7 harddrives and one dvd burner in it now after I added another 2TB drive today aswell.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4567/ax1200.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5821/73940625.jpg

All your USB, firewire, and audio cables can come in thru the grommets instead of across the front of the board. Also, you can route the USB 3.0 cable across the top of the case and then down the MOBO at the I/O panel, under the GPU, and out the first available empty PCI-e slot. And, I'm betting that you could run most of your SATA cables out one of the grommets.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So has it been confirmed that the H50 and H70 won't have enough headroom with the north bridge's heatsink on the EVGA Classified in a 600T? I was really hoping to use the H70 on my EVGA P55 Classified 200, was searching for similar setups on Google and found this thread. I've seen people say in feedback for the motherboard that they have a configuration using the H70, and that's a pretty high-profile setup. I'm just rather confused on why it wouldn't work if other people have gotten it to work...?

The H50 mounts into an 800D or 600T using a single fan set up as a push OR a pull fan. In fact, either will work with either Classified board (X58 or P55) using 2 fans inside the case if you are willing to mod, aka cut one fan. It all just depends on if you really want it to work and what mods you are willing to make.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6100&d=1257527515

Or, you can mount 1 fan outside the case if you want a 2 fan set up with no cutting. In fact, there are several mounting alternatives for H50s and H70s.

Hydro Series Supplemental Mounting Information

Ultimatium, please don't misinform people based on the fact that you were not willing to use alternate mounting methods.

Ultimatium, please don't misinform people based on the fact that you were not willing to use alternate mounting methods.

I am sorry but the video that Jeff uploaded clearly shows that he is able to mount the H50 the normal way in an 800D.

However, this is far from the case with the H50. You cannot mount it this way without providing physical pressure to the chipset heatsink on the classified mobo. That was really why i got disappointed when i bought it.

You can probably mount the fan outside the case but that doesn't look too pretty. You can also change order of fan/radiator and then trim off the corner of the fan but that doesn't look too good, i already tried this. Corsair should imo not be uploading videos showing how easy it is to install the H50 with the classified mobo when it is far from reality. Just my 2 cents buddy.

I am sorry but the video that Jeff uploaded clearly shows that he is able to mount the H50 the normal way in an 800D.

However, this is far from the case with the H50. You cannot mount it this way without providing physical pressure to the chipset heatsink on the classified mobo. That was really why i got disappointed when i bought it.

The radiator does not touch the heatsink. It places a very light pressure against the LED readout which has no bearing on cooling for either.

Just my 2 cents buddy.

Contributing OPINIONS to the forum is fine. What I asked was that you not give customers incorrect information when you are clearly wrong. Our customers come here expecting accurate information and what you are posting is not.

The radiator does not touch the heatsink. It places a very light pressure against the LED readout which has no bearing on cooling for either.

That is definitely not the case. The H50 radiator is clearly touching the heatsink and it is providing physical pressure towards it. After i removed the H50 radiator the heatsink was slightly bent !

Contributing OPINIONS to the forum is fine. What I asked was that you not give customers incorrect information when you are clearly wrong. Our customers come here expecting accurate information and what you are posting is not.

Alright, i made a mistake. Sorry about that.

I'm not too interested in making any modifications to my product, the H70 nor the case, in order for them to work together. If I had money to spend on products like this whenever I wanted, sure, I'd be all for making modifications for it to fit nicely and look good; however, considering the value of the money I'm investing into these products, I want to take good care of them and don't want to do anything to them that could risk their performance in the off chance I screw something up.

That being said, it's difficult to judge how the H70 will fit with the P55 Classified based on that picture of the H50 in push/pull configuration. The H70's radiator is twice the size of the H50's, and in that picture it looks as if the fan would be right up against the P55 Classified's northbridge "E heatsink" without modifications. In the case of the H70 for the P55 motherboard, however, it would appear as if modifications would be necessary unless I set it up to have one of the fans on the outside of the case to reduce the profile of the setup on the inside of the case (external push/pull configuration, as referred to in the guide Yellowbeard linked to).

I'm having a hard time deciding between going with this alternative installation method of the H70 and just going with a different cooler. Obviously this is on a Corsair forum so the call here is going to be for the H70, though I've seen competitive coolers from other brands (not sure if we're allowed to name other products here so I'm not going to do so) performing better than the H70 that have been confirmed to work with this motherboard; it comes down to a matter of preference and which is going to be more difficult to work with.

Thanks for the help!

Actually, no Corsair Tech Support employee here or at any other forum is going to be too pushy. We have found that the best method is to provide the best and most accurate information to allow you to make your product choice. That will allow you to make the best informed decisions. Now, our sales guys on the other hand...... ;):

I took the risk and did the setup anyway, and lo and behold it all fits! There's enough clearance for the heatsinks, but the main problem was fitting in those two 8-pin connectors for the motherboard right under the radiator and being able to route them behind the 600T's tiny little hole in its upper-left corner. I won't be able to provide pictures until I get extension cables for my power supply, however, since the 8-pin connectors on my AX850 weren't able to reach behind the back of the case and I had to route them over the front of my board, and I want to make sure I can confirm that there will be space for the connectors going through the back of the case. I'm pretty confident I won't run into any problems though, just a bit unfortunate about the lengths of the power supply cables.

For reference, this is all for the EVGA P55 Classified motherboard in a 600T case. I just wanted to post this here as a reference for people who may be looking to do a similar setup in the future, particularly because the motherboard is slightly larger than the standard ATX form factor but manages to fit in the case quite easily regardless.

I took the risk and did the setup anyway, and lo and behold it all fits! There's enough clearance for the heatsinks, but the main problem was fitting in those two 8-pin connectors for the motherboard right under the radiator and being able to route them behind the 600T's tiny little hole in its upper-left corner. I won't be able to provide pictures until I get extension cables for my power supply, however, since the 8-pin connectors on my AX850 weren't able to reach behind the back of the case and I had to route them over the front of my board, and I want to make sure I can confirm that there will be space for the connectors going through the back of the case. I'm pretty confident I won't run into any problems though, just a bit unfortunate about the lengths of the power supply cables.

For reference, this is all for the EVGA P55 Classified motherboard in a 600T case. I just wanted to post this here as a reference for people who may be looking to do a similar setup in the future, particularly because the motherboard is slightly larger than the standard ATX form factor but manages to fit in the case quite easily regardless.

Nice one. I'm going to pick up my 120x120x20mm fan today i will report back later to let you know if i make my build fit as well. Cheers.

Going to drive down the local post office to pick up the package now, hopefully the H50 will fit otherwise i will either have to switch MOBO or CPU cooler. Trimming off the fan or mounting the fan outside is really not a valid option, as it looks rather messed up. I'd like to keep my build nice and clean. ;):

Archived