Corsair Community

H70 Dust intake

light86

I have an H70 in an 800D case. I removed the rear fan from the factory and installed the H70 in that location. I switched the fans around so that the intake is drawing air in from the rear and the exhaust is being sucked out by the 3 fans at the top of the case.

My concern is dust getting in the radiator of the H70. Should I purchase some type of filter or will dust have no effect on the radiator?

Thanks

I have an H70 in an 800D case. I removed the rear fan from the factory and installed the H70 in that location. I switched the fans around so that the intake is drawing air in from the rear and the exhaust is being sucked out by the 3 fans at the top of the case.

My concern is dust getting in the radiator of the H70. Should I purchase some type of filter or will dust have no effect on the radiator?

Thanks

It the radiator gets clogged, less air will flow and cooling will suffer. You can either clean the H70 periodically or add a filter and clean it periodically.

It the radiator gets clogged, less air will flow and cooling will suffer. You can either clean the H70 periodically or add a filter and clean it periodically.

What would cleaning entail? Compressed air canister or can these be cleaned such as a car radiator with water?

Thank You

I bring my computer outside every 3-6 months and use an electric duster to give the entire case and its insides a nice clean.

A lot of dust will build up within the radiators, and you will have to dust it for quite a bit to get all of them out.

Metro Vacuum ED500P DataVac works wonders and you save money over canned air.

Another option is to enforce positive air pressure within the case, which will decrease the amount of dust buildup. But it seems you have much more exhaust power than intake - so that may not be possible without changing some things around.

Archived