Corsair Community

Corsair H70 in a Coolermaster HAF X with a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9

alank

Hi. I'm considering the H70 for an adventure into WC. Will it fit successfully in this case and with the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9?

Also, I see the H70 is guaranteed for a couple of years. What would be an estimated life span of this product?

I haven't set up this system yet as I'm awaiting case and Corsair PSU. Initially I'll running my 980X with the accompanying DBX-B heatsink. I would assume that installing the H70 will give me better temps than the DBX?

Thanks in advance.

It'll fit in the HAF-X. If it doesn't your doing something very wrong.

The HAF-X is one of the largest desktop cases on the market. It's able to fit a full 360mm Radiator internally, hell, I don't think there's anything out there that won't fit in this beast unless your going with a double 360mm rad setup.

The back exhaust fan on the HAF-X is a stock coolermaster 140mm fan, but if you take out that fan there are holes for both 140mm and 120mm holes, so you can mount the H70.

Life span of the H70 I'm not sure, it's a completely sealed closed loop system and it doesn't seem like there will be much of any loss of water over time. I'll say probably 3-4 years my guess.

Thanks...all good to know. Just wondering about the benefits? I've seen a review of the PBX stock heatsink and of course the H70. I don't plan to overclock, so do you think it worthwhile putting this in?

On this review: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Intel-DBX-B-CPU-Cooler-Review/1000/5

They took a 980x overclocked to 4.2 and showed on idle:

Intel DBX-B (P) 44 dBA 850 RPM 25 ºC

Intel DBX-B (Q) 42 dBA 800 RPM 31 ºC ....and on load

Intel DBX-B (P) 62 dBA 2600 RPM 59 ºC

Intel DBX-B (Q) 54 dBA 1750 RPM 70 ºC

I would guess even lower temps N/OC. That seems pretty good. Any thoughts?

Archived