Corsair Community

Flash Voyager GTR 32GB doesn't load

Lucrian

Hello,

I have a Flash Voyager GTR 32GB which is doesn't load.

When I'm inserting in USB, the blue led is flashing continuous, but never appear in My Computer or in Safely Remove.

I've tried to load this flash on 3 different systems (computer, laptop) with different Windows versions (XP and 7). :[pouts:

I understand that this can be replaced, but please tell me what can I do to recover my data. What should I try?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The flash was arrived at destination yesterday evening (at my wife mother) and now has just arrive at me. I've inserted in USB and in 30 seconds has appeared the error from image and the drive goes away from my computer :[pouts:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4347/flashm.png

Sometimes appear that message, sometimes aren't. Sometimes the led light blue continuous, sometimes stay off.

This is are the results after several insertions.

What's the next step?

Lucrian,

Your error message "USB device not recognised" can be the one Mixrosoft is aware of.

Some USB devices don't get detected due to some glitch with Windows.

A solution that seems to have a high success rate is to turn off the PC, pull out the power cord, turn the PC on - yes I know it won't because the plug is out, but the idea is to drain the capacitors. Give it a few presses of the power button, wait a couple of minutes just to make sure.

Put the power back in, fire up the PC and try the USB stick again.

Fingers crossed. I have had this work for me on 2 PC's with this problem.

RAM GUY,

Please help! I've contacted for 2 times customer support and every time they said me that will send me a label for shipping. The last call was yesterday and the guy how answered told me that yesterday afternoon will send me the label. I didn't receive the label. What should I do?

I need that flash drive!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that two international calls and several web requests for that label wasn't enough. I'm very disappointed about this.

This is the second flash drive which I've bought from Corsair (one for my father and this for me), but it seems that from now on Corsair will remain on a low place because warranty). I'm very sorry for that, but I don't have a choice.

However, I've created a new RMA and I'll send the flash drive like first time (when I paid for shipment). Probably customer service is waiting until the customer is loosing his patience. I've just loose it.

RAM GUY please verify my Case: 1836650

It is ok?

Thanks!

They contact me at that time and told me to call at a specific number. I've called and the guy said me that will send me a label. After 2 days I've called again and "the new guy" told me that will send the label in the same day. After 2 days I've contact customer support online and told me that until Monday (27 December) will send the label. Now is 31 December. I've sent the package by myself today.

You do what you could for my case and I appreciate that, but unfortunately it seems that somebody probably didn't his job. Is just a though.

However, you deserve and I wish you a Happy new year!

Archived