Corsair Community

CM3X1024-1600C7DHX with Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi-AP @n edition

BigJBouncer

I'm having a horrible time with my RAM and motherboard. I had my motherboard replaced because it had a bunch of issues. I now have a new refurbished one and I'm still experiencing problems. I have 4 1Gig sticks of Corsair CM3X1024-1600C7DHX. My motherboard is an Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi-AP @n edition. When I have all four slots populated my computer randomly freezes and I have to manually hard restart with the power button. If I only have 2 sticks of RAM in the board then everything works fine. The bios is set for auto as I haven't changed anything. On my old board before I got the refurbished one I tried setting all the timings that the memory says it supports 7-7-7-20. I still had problems at that time. I've tested each stick of RAM with Memtest for well over 30 hours each stick. They all passed fine individually. If I test the RAM with all 4 sticks it fails Memtest miserably. Please advise on the settings to enter in the BIOS and maybe how to do it in case I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

As indicated in the Memory Upgrade Guide link in my signature, use of multiple RAM kits is not recommended nor guaranteed to work. The latency specified on RAM is for that specific kit, not for each module. With all four memory slots populated you are going to typically need slower timings with those modules than with one or two modules.

You can try 11-11-11-30 2T to see if the hardware will play together but there are no guarantees.

Archived