Corsair Community

F120 (FW1.1) BIOS detection delay

ajaytanna

Oh dear!

I will likely have to use another SSD. Intel listened to my complaints and when all this began they responded promptly by putting up a new BIOS which was an update 6 months after the previous one.

That my dear friend is why they're INTEL.

Anyways, this did not help. If Corsair shrugs it's shoulders now .... well the writing's on the wall.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
There is no update to send you at the moment I am sorry but I would suggest testing the drive on another make of MB to be sure the drive is not failing. We do not have have an ETA on the next firmware release as 2.0 was just released.

• 3 months later...

The only thing I can think of is to return the drive. Corsair says that the F series drives are not recommended for laptops. I wish I had known. I would have made another decision. So far for me, things are alright. I sometimes have to warm boot after a cold boot to get the drive recognized. Otherwise it seems to be working just fine, even with sleep mode. I have a Toshiba R705.

Try to return it to Corsair. If it never worked and slow boot times is not working. It just depends upon how much trouble you want to go through. Perhaps, someone else with a compatible configuration would buy the drive.

I have given up all hope on this drive. It's just a matter of time before I get p****d off enough at it to just chuck it out & get the other brand. They receive updates before corsair & are quicker in solving issues as I have seen on their forums. I even had 1 corsair ram stick fail right out of the box. It took them close to 2 weeks to replace that. Can you dig that? Then this ssd. Well i've had enough.:mad:

Why don't corsair just get an intel board & plug in the God forsaken ssd & ask the corsair geniusses to see what is causing the bios detection delay . And then when they find it to try & intelligence permitting, solve it?

ajaytanna - Do you have firmware 1.1 or 2.0? I've seen posts by you in threads explicitly related to only one or the other.

The drive was shipped with 1.1 & as soon as 2.0 was available I updated it. The BIOS still refuses to detect the SSD twitching its thumbs for a good 30 seconds or so. The posts clearly explain the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived