Corsair Community

Asus P5E64W evolution memory compatibility

MavBoss86

Hi,

I've searched the forum but I've not find an answer for my doubt (maybe for my english :-) )!

So I'll want to ask this:

could you give me some memory (kit for 4 GB, 2x2GB or 4x1GB) that are compatible with this motherboard?

My doubt begins when I've read this sentence on the motherboard manual:

"this motherboard does not support memory modules made up of 128 Mb chips or double sided x 16 memory modules."

I've understood that the motherboard is not compatible with double sided low density memory. But all the memory (1GB or 2GB) module I've serched is made of 128Mb x 8 module. So it's not compatible? Or is me that I didn't understand?

Thanks for your reply!

P.S.: Error on MotherBoard: P5E64 WS Evolution

Thank you for the reply. I've already seen that page. But I want to be sure that the memory are compatible, because I've already bought a 4GB kit and it failed (the ram were not Corsair). So could you guarantee that the 4GB kit in list (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 or CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 or CMP4GX3M2A1600C8 or TW3X4G1333C9DHX) are compatible and why (in reference to the sentence I've found in the manual of the motherboard)? It's only to be sure...

Thanks

I can't guarantee anything as I have no association with Corsair. :D:

The RAM listed for your specific mobo has been tested by Corsair and confirmed to work on that mobo.

You would need to ask Asus about the statement regarding 128 Mb. chips as this makes no sense and would not be in compliance with JEDEC DDR3 RAM specs.

The reason that Corsair tests every DIMM is to be sure it's compatible for a given mobo/CPU. Not all RAM companies do this. Unfortunately with Asus mobos, nothing is guaranteed as in my experience they tend to have many issues.

I think Asus is referring to the non-JEDEC spec cheap RAM in the marketplace that uses x16 chips. These DIMMS do not meet JEDEC specs and typically do no work with most current mobos. Unfortunately some DRAM terms do not mean the same thing to all so there is some confusion in the PC industry.

Archived