Corsair Community

Upgraded to an AX1200W - Problem?

scaramonga

Strange thing this, and I wonder if you guys can help?

Upgraded my PSU to a Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200W PSU, the one it replaced was a Corsair TX750W, nothing else changed as regards my setup.

When turning PC on after leaving overnight, system seems to boot OK, but monitor seems to go into sleep mode?? A quick push of the reset button on front of PC and the system will boot normally with monitor OK. Dammed annoying to have to do this every cold boot.

I know the system must be booting OK in background as when it does start after reset, I get the option to 'start Windows normally' etc., which means it was probably booting OK first time, just I had nothing on the monitor.

If I shut PC down and start it and hour later, I don't get this problem, only when left overnight.

Upgraded BIOS, no difference.

Got me stummped this one has. Could the new AX1200 be causing this?

Many thx

• Corsair Employee
Do you have multiple monitor's plugged into the same graphics card or are you using multiple graphics cards? The only way to really pin it down to the PSU would be to test the PSU in a different system, but if all else fails we can try replacing the unit for you.

Do you have multiple monitor's plugged into the same graphics card or are you using multiple graphics cards? The only way to really pin it down to the PSU would be to test the PSU in a different system, but if all else fails we can try replacing the unit for you.

Just what I have in my system specs buddy, one GPU (well 5970) and the Dell monitor, all was fine with the TX750W.

Just done a reinstall of Windows 7 tonight, and it's the same?

Plugged in TX750W to test and no problems.

I'm thinking motherboard incompatibility with PSU now?

Could a PSU cause this?

Many thx for your help Ram Guy :)

Archived