Corsair Community

CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 or CMT4GX3M2A2000C8

jdmfish

Just wondering if these are the same modules, or totally different ones? I understand 4/8GB difference, but aside from that, any differences?

And I think I'm looking for the Elpida modules - isn't this the sought after module version 2.x? Just unsure how to obtain the "version", without first purchasing them.

I was kinda informed via another forum, that if going for the GT's, to make sure they're the Elpida modules.. :confused:

I have a i3/530, but will be upgrading to an i5-750 along with some Corsair memory. My MB is an EVGA P55-E655.

I hope this is enough info to get some kind of answer. :):

The DDR3 IC list on the left is the same regardless of the DDR3 part number. Just keep in mind those 2 kits have different IC sizes. Version number is on the label of the memory, so if you're buying the memory in person, you can identify it easily. If you're purchasing them online, it's the luck of the draw.

The DDR3 IC list on the left is the same regardless of the DDR3 part number. Just keep in mind those 2 kits have different IC sizes. Version number is on the label of the memory, so if you're buying the memory in person, you can identify it easily. If you're purchasing them online, it's the luck of the draw.

Thanks. By different IC sizes, you mean one is a v.1/2x and the other could be v.3/9x? By that I mean the only different IC sizes I see are v.1/2 are different than the rest. Is my assumption correct?

Do you know of any stores in/near Orlando that actually sell this ram in store?

No, as in you listed an 8 GB kit and a 4 GB kit. The 4 GB kit's ICs are half the density of the 8 GB kit, unless they just crammed more on the stick. Generally it's the former though. No idea what you mean by v.3/9x.

Try CompUSA. Call first to save yourself some time.

No, as in you listed an 8 GB kit and a 4 GB kit. The 4 GB kit's ICs are half the density of the 8 GB kit, unless they just crammed more on the stick. Generally it's the former though. No idea what you mean by v.3/9x.

Try CompUSA. Call first to save yourself some time.

Never mind, I got it - I think. :biggrin:

Compusa is just a few miles away. I'll drive down just to see what they have - I haven't been in there since they reopened.

Thanks for your help. :biggrin:

Archived