Corsair Community

HP Pavilion dv6t-2000 (quad edition) and CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9

jeffh

Hello,

Recently I purchased two Corsair 4GB CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 memory modules from Amazon and installed them in my HP Pavilion dv6t-2000 (quad edition) laptop with Core i7-720 processor running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. At first, everything ran great and my system reads all 8GB RAM. However, after a week of use, right when I boot up my laptop after shutting it down the previous night, I get a couple of BSODs (one I saw was for win32k.sys and another was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) when Windows starts. I reboot into the HP System Diagnostics and run a memory test and hard drive test and both passed. My laptop was able to restart and all was working well again.

Well, almost a week has passed since that happened and this morning I ran into the same BSODs again. The memory passed the system diagnostics test again and my system is able to restart with no issues. I wonder if this is an issue with the new Corsair memory modules I installed or perhaps a separate issue? Because I never once experienced a BSOD until after I installed the new memory modules.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 3 months later...

your system is overheating.

please place laptop on a cooling dock and use for extended period of time to test.

never place a laptop on a soft surface like cloth/fabric. unless its a netbook. you said you got an i7. heat.

if its consistent and it never happened before till recently, then you can reapply thermal paste onto cpu die and reseat the heatsink/fan assembly.

Please post this issue on HP forums/support.

gl

Archived