Corsair Community

Application that speeds up your SSD

Tweakboost

The best program for SSD and HDD

It worked for me.

Diskeeper 2010 defrags automatically real time HDDS not SSD.

However on SSD they use HyperFast

http://www.diskeeper.com/hyperfast/index.aspx

"HyperFast creates and maintains optimized free space, increasing the controller’s ability to write sequentially and thereby enormously increasing the peak speed and life of the SSD.

HyperFast operation requires no scheduling or maintenance thanks to the Diskeeper Corporation proprietary InvisiTasking® processing technology. InvisiTasking employs only unused system resources to operate with zero overhead on the system, therefore transparently increasing the speed, performance and reliability of the SSD. "

Could this be something of interest for you?:D:

"HyperFast creates and maintains optimized free space, increasing the controller’s ability to write sequentially and thereby enormously increasing the peak speed and life of the SSD.

This means nothing as the SSD has very little seek time.

Cheers

Derek

This means nothing as the SSD has very little seek time.

Cheers

Derek

/agree

The only thing an SSD drive should needs to maintain performance is TRIM (and that has nothing to do with defragmenting).

Defragmenting of any kind is usesless.

On a regular HDD you can have a single file at physically different parts of the hard drive (fragmented). It takes time for the hard drive heads to physically reposition themselves to read the next part of the file. It takes time to move the heads, which is why degrad helps - it puts the file together in a row so the heads don't have to move.

SSDs do not have any moving parts. SSD can access any part of the disk at any time with almost no wait.

• Corsair Employees

I have done quite a bit of testing with Diskeeper Professional and it does and amazing job of maintaining performance especially on drives where TRIM is not active and even with TRIM active showed improved performance but I too am skeptical of that claim, I do not object if you want to post some test results however.

If you have followed the SSD section at all you will notice I have on many occasions suggested using Diskeeper Professional with Hyperfat so please do not miss-understand that statement; I am from Missouri so I guess my upbringing says you have to show me! :cool:

I installed DK Pro 2010 (Hyperfast) and enabled auto-defragmenting and nothing else. (The Hyperfast is automatically enabled on SSDs.)

After using my laptop as I usually do for a few hours it does seem a bit faster. Boot time is noticeably faster. I have no benchmarks to post, though. Starting large apps is also noticeably faster. I'll be tracking performance and estimated drive life to see if there is any degradation as a result of using it.

The program seems to have good SSD awareness as it doesn't try to do any actual defragmenting unless you run it manually and force it to. It appears to just reserve some extra "scratchpad" space for TRIM and wear-leveling and I'm guessing this gives the drive more "breathing space" for its program/erase cycles which will improve endurance and performance. We'll see, I'll be watching.

I gave it a shot, downloaded the 30 day trial and ran the defrag; a bit disappointed that it didn't seem to do anything. 15 seconds to desktop from windows 7 startup logo, unchanged. ATTO before and after also didn't seem to improve in any meaningful way.

dk2010.png.166754f9bdd3e999e26218b729515d2e.png

RST10_0_0_1046.png.ad21d702a9f8b23462d5eb59aff870c0.png

• Corsair Employees
It will not make the drive perform better than advertised. But it did improve your write speeds , you would really need to do that after several weeks of use then install the utility to see if it helps you. However the drive you have has TRIM and Garbage collection so it may not be needed in your situation.

Archived