Corsair Community

Hx850/ax850

Sem

Im in the market for a 850w psu and i cant decide between the HX850 or the AX850

i already know the main difference between the two the only deciding factors would be the cables and the noise

which is the quieter of the two units under load

i know the AX850 fan doesn't spin up at low usage but from what ive read it is quite loud under load compared to the HX850

can anyone confirm this?

thanks

I was about to post the same question ! Great minds think alike... was about to ask under load how is the noise also.....

Quite a few guys have suggested even under load there hx is quite silent... and doesnt seem bothered much when running powerful cards/overclocked systems....

heres the link just in case :

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18200528

but this is regarding just the hx, I would however like to know why Corsair downgraded the fan from a 135mm silent fan to a 120mm in there newer AX models since surely 135mm is more silent/better airflow ?

my gutt tells me there was a noise issue perhaps with the hx series so they put a better quality 120mm fan instead in the newer ax series, but where can one find an honest Corsiar Worker ? :)

If anyone has had either, please let us know if its been noisy, or under load if the fan barely spins ? Thx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived