Corsair Community

memory problems on Asus P6X58D-E

Tonny.Mathiasen

Hi Corsair and others,

my motherboard, a P6X58D-E, seems to have problems detecting all 6G ram (CMT6GX3M3A1866C9) efter a longer period standby. It only detects 4G, but i can easy get it to detect all 6G with some tinkering :

1) by turn off power completly and make it boot, it stops the boot with a OC fail, but if i continue and do a restart from windows and every thing work with 6Gram.

2) by pressing the MemOK button on the motherboard and it finds the 6Gram

but when it go into standby for longer then 4-5 hours it only finds 4G again

I have'nt found enny instability what so ever witch makes me wonder where the error is (BIOS, motherboard or RAM)

my Bios settign is:

DRAM Frequency.........................[DDR3-1666MHz]

DRAM Bus Voltage.......................[1.65]

CPU Voltage............................[1.2000]

CPU PLL Voltage........................[1.88]

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage..................[1.35]

I have used CPU-Z and have observed a anomily when it only detects 4G. With 6G CPU-Z findes the memory moduls in (Slot#1, Slot#3, Slot#5) thats A1,B1,C1 on the motherboard. But when bios only finds 4G CPU-Z finds the memory moduls in (Slot#1 Slot#2 Slot#3) thats A1,A2,B1 on the motherboard, witch is not correct.

I have to questions:

1) whats wrong with my system?

2) and what detects memory moduls on the motherboard! and obviously detects them in wrong DIMM slots?

PS. i have followed all guides i could find on the web and this is my second motherboard, i RMA the first one.

regard

• 1 month later...

hey corsair forum,

A status om my problem, semes my memmory moduls is defekt. I have testet them on 4 other motherboards and 3 of them have the same problem only detect 4Gbyte after a longer standby time, and 1 of them was unstable and got the famous blue screen quite often.

Have borrowed another memory set from a friend of mine, and had no problems with that set...

just returned them to store where i bought them, and have to wait for the store to do the extreme time consuming process of testing them and do a RMA to corsair and wait from result from there.... proberbly be weeks or even mounths before my computer starts again....:(

Thx for youre replay, but i have been strugling with this problem for about 6-7 mounths now, and every settings you can think of have been tryed... and when i use another type of memory set it works with auto settings in bios, even OC to its MAX without enny problems...

and when thy dont work on other mashines either, can i only conclude thy dont work as thy should.

Archived