Corsair Community

VS2GB1333D3 shows BSOD with Gigabyte H55M D2H

Avit.Kori

I recently brought 2 x 2 GB corsair vs2gb1333d3 and installed it on my Gigabyte H55M D2h. I have been getting Blue screens constantly. Even my games are crashing and giving memory errors. I have even updated the BIOS version of my motherboard to F3 version. The Memory compatibility list does not contain the RAM listed. Please help I am very much worried.

Have you tired manually setting the BIOS to 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V @ 1333 MHz. ?

You can also try booting with just one DIMM at a time to see if the system is stable. There are many things that can cause boot or BSOD issues not just memory. Is this a new build? If so did you install the hardware drivers for the O/S from the mobo CD?

IT is a new build. Just brought 2 weeks [now] back. I am sure it is RAM issue becoz it works fine with Kingston and transcend RAM I brought from my friend.

Any ways the service center guys accepted that this module series has compatibility issues as they have replaced a couple of them since 2 months.

I really feel bad I brought a corsair RAM with this kind of issue. Guaranteed comapatibility is a real crap.

They will be replacing it for me by next week with a D4 model. I hope it works fine

if i understand your post, you bought 2 separate 2 gig sticks? if this is the case you may have to run them at 1066 as they were never tested in the same board as a pair. this is an unsupported configuration and possibly the root of your troubles.

have you tried just one stick, resetting the BIOS and see if its stable?

I Have tried resetting the BIOS and and using only one stick.

Why do you want me to run a 1333mhz RAM at 1066mhz. doesnot make sense.

I donot want to play with the timing settings as it is a completely new system and i may end up screwing things..

Gigabyte has already sent me BIOS updates for the same but it doesnot work.

If you bought TWO kits instead of ONE tested, approved kit, you will not be able to run them at the 1333 MHz. frequency as this speed is only for ONE kit, not two kits. TWO kits might run at 1066 MHz. or they might not work at all as they were never tested and sold as ONE matched kit.

I think You are not getting what I am saying. I have two sepaarately sold RAM sticks Each running at 1333mhz. Not I installed them both on one montherboard to run in dual config mode. An from what you mean by "or they might not work at all as they were never tested and sold as ONE matched kit" is that i donot buy corsair RAM seperately and install them in dual config mode and rather use a differnt brand which actually supports this.

we all get what you are saying. ram is guaranteed to run at full speed ONLY when you open ONE package. if the package contains 1 stick only that stick is guaranteed to run at listed speed. you said you opened 2 packages. this is not, nor ever has been a supported configuration for running full speed.

this has nothing to do with Corsair, this is a limitation of the memory controller built on to your CPU.

also after rereading your posts you are confusing me, in the first post you say "I recently brought 2 x 2 GB corsair vs2gb1333d3 and installed it on my Gigabyte H55M D2h"

then in your last post you say "Not I installed them both on one motherboard" that makes no sense. which is it??

The RAM you have may not ever run stable at 1333 MHz. IF you are using two kits. With one kit you can try "auto" detection or manually set the BIOS settings and see if your PC hardware will support running the RAM at 1333 MHz.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87341

How fast the RAM will run with a specific CPU/Mobo varies by the hardware components and the BIOS settings you use. The link below may help you undersatnd how to run your memory overclocked?

http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/07/3-step-overclocking-guide-bloomfield-and-gulftown/

Hi,

I have a very similar problem with a brand new computer I sold. Customer told that the computer reboots in random short intervals during booting and under Windows 7 (fresh install and genuine). Last time I saw striped screen during boot and then the computer turned off and on automatically. Before I sold the computer, I set Command Rate from Auto (1T) to 2T. At the customer after a reboot it forgot the BIOS settings completely then he had to set it back to 2T otherwise the computer froze in a very short time. BIOS sets automatically the memory frequency to 1333Mhz and timings as the memory specifications. Every boost setting are set back to Standard in the BIOS, no overclocking.

The first rams which I wanted to sell with this computer was the same Corsair KIT except that it was not DHX. It was factory bad. Could it damage the motherboard?

Memtest86 V3.5 is running for 5 hours and 17 passes without errors.

Config: Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H motherboard flashed with the newest F3 BIOS, Core I3-530 CPU, Corsair 2x1GB (factory KIT) XMS3 DHX 1333MHz DDR3 memories (TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX G). The computer has only the built-in VGA in motherboard. PSU is FSP FSP400-60APN 400W.

PS: I saw more times striped screen before shutdowns. (Because it uses the built-in VGA which memory is the system memory, it is evident that it is a memory error). I found kernel-power error 41 (63) in the event logs of Windows 7 every time it shut down. More times after power off and on it froze on the BIOS screen when recognizing devices or before loading operating system. I changed power supply (the same but another brand new one), tried to disable/update some suspect drivers in Windows 7, tried to disable C states in BIOS but nothing helped. Now I set memory freqency to 1066MHz. Since then it did not reboot for some hours. Why does it not work in 1333MHz?

PS2: I put the "faulty" modules to another Gigabyte P55A-UD3R board. Even if I put them one by one, these fully froze my Windows 7 some minutes after boot twice with each module (and I see exactly the same failures in eventlog) and memtest86+ v4.10 also found one module faulty (I tested it separately). I put my Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A KIT to the problematic board and these run fine with full Auto settings in 1333MHz 1T command rate, I ran memtest for 24 hours (35 passes) without errors and Windows 7 working good so far.

Other thing, other computer: I bought the TW3X4G1333C9A KIT for the Gigabyte P55A-UD3R board and it still have issuses with them. Once or twice a month my computer reboots and last time I saw the same kernel-power 41 error in eventlog. I am not able to run memtest86 3.5 (freeze or restarts in some seconds), memtest86+ v4.00 or v4.10 always find many errors outside of the real address range. The same memories were tested in the other board for 24 hours and 35 passes at full speed as I mentioned above. I fully do not understand this.

What would you suggest to do with these problems?

Thanks in advance

Archived