Corsair Community

CMG4GX3M2B1600C7 memory not preforming at desired speed

Maevis

Below is the CPU-z screenshot of my memory.

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac37/Maevis_Pics/Ref1.png?t=1286435088

As you can see above and in my computer specs, i have 2x2GB of the CMG4GX3M2B1600C7 modules. I am looking from some assistance in getting the timings in the bios right. I though that the timings should be 7-7-7-20 but as you can see they are 11-11-11-29, assuming im interpreting it right. Furthermore the modules do not seem to be running in dual channel mode.

Also, i am ordering some Corsair Force SSD's soon and figured id upgrade to 64 bit windows 7 and get another 4GB of the same type of memory, i got some mixed impressions here and there so if someone could also point out any issues if any this will cause, namely with compatibility.

Any help would be much appreciated, Maevis.

The timings are 7-7-7-20. You may need to manually set the timings in your BIOS. Some BIOS automatically slow the latency timings when you increase the memory frequency above the CPU specified supported RAM frequency which is 1333 MHz. for your AMD 965 BE CPU.

NOTE: It as always advisable to purchase your RAM as one tested kit to insure compatibility. Adding more of the same RAM later may or may not function even if it is the identical part number and version number.

That being the case, what memory timings should i use? how can i get the maximum stable about out of my ram? When i tried 7-7-7-20 boot failed, worked on 9-9-9-24. Also, why does it say single channel, how can i make it duel channel, liek its supposed to be?

There is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

In otherwords, swap the sticks around as per the motherboard manual to run them in dual channel.

Archived