Corsair Community

Best way to restore F120?

Pyrophoric

I see the article up top and know about HDDErase but wanted to make sure these two methods were safe/reliable. I have not tried either of them yet and HDDErase doesn't work with a lot of drives.

What would you all recommend to restore a primary OS SSD drive for a new build?

I just got the parts for my new rig last night but wanted to do a post test and install Windows 7 to make sure everything was working. Before I go any further I want to finish building the rig (waiting for last few parts to arrive) and then restore the drive and start a fresh install with all parts added and bios properly setup.

Thanks!

This is a new drive but I have already loaded Windows and a lot of crapware to benchmark. The rig still isn't finished but the rest of the parts appear to come in tomorrow and I want to restore the drive and start with a clean install once its build.

Edit: How do I secure erase? Thats the question I guess.

I'd suggest this:

Check your firmware first with CrystalDisk, make sure it is 1.1. If it is 1.0, flash the firmware before secure erasing. Firmware is listed here in the SSD Firmware section.

If you already have 1.1, use Parted Magic and secure erase it. Then, install the OS.

Archived