Corsair Community

Comments for Force 1.1a firmware update

svieira

ok by advanced systems I mean GRID computing?? and on that farm only a little spot has windows for some services only. I was willing to test those drive for performance but this is now problem.. today I lost again files (corruption) with this drive after testing...

Anyway guys have fun with your Windows if you are happy..

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok by advanced systems I mean GRID computing?? and on that farm only a little spot has windows for some services only. I was willing to test those drive for performance but this is now problem.. today I lost again files (corruption) with this drive after testing...

Anyway guys have fun with your Windows if you are happy..

Well the SandForce drives have issues with low power states, it doesn't matter what OS you're running on...in fact one of the original reports of the problem was by somebody running Linux. I simply cannot recommend this drive for computing environments due to their instability right now, I've taken my drive out of my operating environment and suggest anybody doing critical applications to do the same. As the Corsair staff as pointed out this drive is not for enterprise or enterprise-like work and may lead to system failure and data loss. I wouldn't recommend using this drive until the new firmware comes out...

Well the SandForce drives have issues with low power states, it doesn't matter what OS you're running on...in fact one of the original reports of the problem was by somebody running Linux. I simply cannot recommend this drive for computing environments due to their instability right now, I've taken my drive out of my operating environment and suggest anybody doing critical applications to do the same. As the Corsair staff as pointed out this drive is not for enterprise or enterprise-like work and may lead to system failure and data loss. I wouldn't recommend using this drive until the new firmware comes out...

Thanks Synbios I also do not recommend it anymore..

Make sure you update your Force firmware to 1.1a before you install the RST 10.x series drivers. It's been recommended that you have official 9.x RST drivers installed while you make the firmware update.

once you have 1.1a, give the 10.0.0.1046 a go as that may help significantly with the bsod issue.

I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop with Nvidia 730i chipset and latest nForce drivers and getting BSOD when resuming from sleep. I rolled back to the default Microsoft AHCI 1.0 driver and so far no more BSOD's. Added bonus: my write speeds in ATTO went from 175 to 221.....

Of note, once I loaded the driver 10.0.0.1046 O&O DiskStat stopped reporting the temp of both my drives, the F120 and Seagate spindle drive. Probably best since the wrong temp on the F120. Did notice that instead of seeing every device in device manager including the Intel controller, now just see the controller. Previous version was 7.x

I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop with Nvidia 730i chipset and latest nForce drivers and getting BSOD when resuming from sleep. I rolled back to the default Microsoft AHCI 1.0 driver and so far no more BSOD's. Added bonus: my write speeds in ATTO went from 175 to 221.....

Only a day and a half after rolling back to Microsoft AHCI driver and just got the BSOD. So much for that being the culprit. Still waiting for a firmware fix.

We are well aware that they are not official yet. It is believed that the 10.x series RST driver is going to be released alongside Intel's new chipset coming out early 2011 but who knows.

Anyways, it is common practice to find and use leaked drivers from major manufacturers such as Nvidia, ATI, Intel, etc. They are WHQL certified so it does give them somewhat of validity as I believe it is very difficult to forge certification and if there was a problem with the leaked drivers we would be seeing more reports by now. Like any unofficial drivers though, install at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived