Corsair Community

Disk Error BSOD

brainleak

I've got the thing running in my Asus G73 and I'm returning the other stock (Within 7 day's). I'm getting stuttering with minecraft on my G73 which spins me out. It's like every step of the way theres a new way to be disappointed with this thing. Just a round up the f120 came with firmware 1.1 standard and as far as I am aware the 1.1a is simply the same version as 1.1 except not factory installed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've got the thing running in my Asus G73 and I'm returning the other stock (Within 7 day's). I'm getting stuttering with minecraft on my G73 which spins me out. It's like every step of the way theres a new way to be disappointed with this thing. Just a round up the f120 came with firmware 1.1 standard and as far as I am aware the 1.1a is simply the same version as 1.1 except not factory installed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
1.1 = 1.1a. Says as much in the firmware update thread.

This may help you:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90306

For some boards, not all boards. Otherwise, they would not have issued the beta BIOS' ;):

Beta Bios or not its a corsair drive issue. That is the company who we bought the drive from. If i could return this drive at this point i would. The service is completely lacking, you get responses like above from a corsair rep. Other sandforce 1200 drives do not have issues for people who returned the corsair drive and picked up another SF1200 chipset drive (running on the same HW configuration). People are frustrated and you should be understanding of that. Not leaving snide remarks pawning off the responsibility on SF or Gigabyte. The drive says Corsair on it right? Correct then it is your responsibility to act as the intermediate between SF and the customer and BE POLITE about it. The level of support received during this entire process has been atrocious. I'm certainly not the only one writing of corsair over this and i certainly wont be the last. I cant believe i thought corsair provided a Quality product they would stand behind when i bought this drive.

I never thought I would pay 150 dollars to QA a beta SSD drive. But somehow I did.

Every other manufacturer using SandForce drives is in the exact situation we are. They are having the same issues, especially the sleep/hibernate issues, and waiting for the next firmware update from SandForce. The information is plainly out there to be found if you care to take time to look.

We do apologize to our customers for this situation. We will post the new firmware as soon as we can get it.

Woo now I get the random drive dismounts and cant be found in BIOS issue... Will I get a new issue if I try it in an alternate setup?

My question is what avenue is there for a refund. Outright, the product doesn't work. 99% is fine for the 99% of users who don't put the drive in the instance that causes the issue. I'll warrant 99% of users don't know whats going on, simply blame the issue on another piece of hardware.

It's also unfair to claim you have a 3% RMA rate when it's obvious RMA ing a unit with this issue (or the other issues) will not resolve the problem but rather get you a new drive with the same issue. Those with a need for the drive will not RMA knowing they will simply have to reinstall and test until they can reproduce the issue and I guess RMA again.

note, if this was a vehicle it would be recalled an Aeroplane your company image would be beyond repair. Much like the reputation of all thee small vendors selling this product.

I am exactly at the same point with my drives all 4 of them all I can do is wait for a firmware update and hope it resolves the issue of corruption and drive not being recognised. It's fustrating as hell and it may well be a long time until i trust a F force drive as boot again.

I don't want to RMA because you are right I will simply get back new drives that do exactly the same. I guess we will have to wait.

If this new firmware doesn't resolve the issues though I doubt if I will ever buy a Corsair product again it has cost me already being a customer in time trying to resolve the random loss of boot drives and corruption and down time.

• Corsair Employee

geekhaven,

I am sorry but you would have to take that up with the reseller.

Thebiznes,

I am sorry that you feel that way but this is an issue with the Sandforce controller and any SSD using that controller would likely have the same issue no matter what name is on the drive you use, but I do understand you feeling way and do apologize for the inconvenience.

Since we've had confirmed reports of non Corsair force drives being used to replace the force drives in question the more I hear the more I feel I've simply been burnt.

The real problem is if I take it up with the reseller not only do I have a customer that now thinks nothing of me I will have a supplier that doesn't wish to deal with me.

I understand this is not 'your' fault which in turn means your not sorry your just required to say that.

I'm also on the fence, I have enjoyed a long run of reasonable product quality with corsair ram. Not perfect but acceptable however this situation is far from acceptable.

The advice in the forums has been equivalent to a band aid to a brain tumor and I'm expected to accept that.

Personally, I think most people here has been very understanding with this issue, much more than myself. I decided after 3 weeks of problems (and no fix) never to buy a corsair SSD again. I don't care if there are other brands that has problems, as this is not relevant to me. If corsair cannot support their product (and, no, saying 'it is not our fault'/'other has this fault as well', is not Support), they are simply not a supplier that I will come back to. Simple as that. After 4 months with a rather expensive disk in my bookshelf, I can honestly say that I will stay away from corsair altogether in the future, be it SSD or any other product just because of this. I am a lost, (previously happy) customer of yours.

Now I am happy that I just removed the bloody thing from my computer in august, at least I have had a fully working computer since then. I am checking this forum now and again, to see if my invested money ever will come to use with this SSD.

geekhaven,

I am sorry but you would have to take that up with the reseller.

Thebiznes,

I am sorry that you feel that way but this is an issue with the Sandforce controller and any SSD using that controller would likely have the same issue no matter what name is on the drive you use, but I do understand you feeling way and do apologize for the inconvenience.

I understand this is or seems to be a Sandforce issue. I should really give up being an early adopter of new technology. I just wish things like this wasn't rushed to market especially with data being a lot more precious than other hardware components. If a video card blows you can replace, but unless you have backups which I do thank God. Data is more expensive to loose than anything else along with time.

• Corsair Employee

vespaman,

I do understand how you feel and I am sorry but the issue is not every drive; it can happen with what seems to be less then 5% approximately and it can happen with any configuration. I do not have a problem with giving an RMA and replacing the drive for you, but personally I would gave it a little more time the next firmware will be released soon and should resolve this issue.

And I have never said or implied its not our fault or issue, so I think you may have miss took one ore more of my replies. However, I do understand your position and I cannot say I blame you or any one else who may feel that way.

However the errors can be avoided by disabling Hybrid suspend and suspend to ram and in some cases you may have to Disable TRIM as well.. If you have tried these steps and still have a BSOD issue there may be some other problem and I would ask for more details about your specific issue.

Thebiznes and geekhaven;

I think a lot of what I posted here applies to your case's as well.

There will be a solution, but as I have stated on this thread and others the work around should allow for normal operation till the new firmware is in place.

If not please provide more details about your case.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived