Corsair Community

where to buy stock height Dominator GT heatsinks

SEVEN3

So even though the airflow fans mostly cover the stock Dominator GT heatsinks I can still see the red through them... black or even blue would really tie the room together... When I bought the RAM, as they have modular heatsink mounting, I figured it would be no big deal to get different color stock height heatsinks. So where can I get them? Searching online gives me nothing. So I guess I got to call Corsair up and see what the word is. Am I going to have any hassle getting stock parts for my RAM from Corsair?

I don't have the clearance for the extended height heatsinks with the airflow fans, but I do have clearance for them without the fans. My case fans might be a little too distant to cool the extended heatsinks better than a pair of dedicated fans acting directly on stock heat sinks, but maybe not... My case has pretty good airflow; lots of low flow fans and CPU and GPUs are liquid cooled. I kind of like the idea of passive cooling, but I don't think I can go wrong with fan cooling unless the fans add too much noise to my quiet system. It's not running now so I can't compare...

So for now, I think I want to try stock fan cooled with different color heatsinks. Personally, I'd rather just exchange with someone who wants red heatsinks, but I don't want to step on any toes with the no trading policy...

Yes, WITH said fan extensions in place, the fan assembly will slightly interfere with my HDDs, enough to be a no-go for my set-up. If I were to buy the extended fins, I would be unable use the fans even with the fan extensions, because the whole assembly will be too tall. If I could, I would...

Archived