Corsair Community

OK, one more time before I do this.

VulcanOrion

As we all know there has been some compatability problems concerning TwinX Corsair PC3200 2x512 memory and the Abit IC7-G. Abit released a bios update (version 1.1). I guess this is where I ask the question, I am about to install all of my new components (mobo, processor, and memory). Has the compatibility problem been solved and if not what are the settings I should run to get good performance AND statability? I have asked this question before...I know, but I was wondering if any new info has come around. Thanks for all the help. :)

• Corsair Employees
Thank you for your interest in our memory You had asked about compatibility with our memory and the ABIT IC7 MB with the Intel 875P chipset. At this time we do not suggest any of the low latency memory with any MB with this chipset. Instead we would suggest using our CMX512-3500C2. And the settings we suggest are Cass 2-3-3-6 at 2.7 Volts Ram Guy

Can it be run because thats the memory I bought about 5 weeks ago from newegg.com. If it can at what setting can it be run and what type of performance loss will I have? Oh and one more thing, by changing the voltage from 2.6 to 2.7.....what negative effcts does that have on your PC? Thanks guys

The Twinx will run just fine, just not at it's intended latency settings, you have to set it to the less aggressive settings of 2-3-3-6, then it is ok. The only problem you might have is if your motherboard has such a serious problem with the initial default settings that you can't even get into bios to do the changes

• Corsair Employees
For the 3200C2 we would suggest setting the timings to Cass 2-4-4-7 for canter wood and for the 3200LL you may have to relax the timimgs to Cass 2-4-2-6 and up the voltage to 2.7 Volts for both and you should be running the latest Bios as well Ram Guy

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]well you can but you can just set the timings manually and get the same thing and save your self the restocking fee Ram Guy [/B][/QUOTE] Gottcha. Thanks once more. I'll stop bugin' ya. My new processor (2.8ghz w/800fsb & HT) should be here Friday. I can't say it enough..... I am very impressed with your responses and Corsairs' as a whole. Later.....

• 7 months later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]For the 3200C2 we would suggest setting the timings to Cass 2-4-4-7 for canter wood and for the 3200LL you may have to relax the timimgs to Cass 2-4-2-6 and up the voltage to 2.7 Volts for both and you should be running the latest Bios as well Ram Guy [/B][/QUOTE] I am in a similar situation. I have two CMX256A-3200C2's that were bought seperately (not purchased as twins). I am running an Abit IC7-G with a P4 2.6 (800). I have tested both CMX256A-3200C2's together and seperately and they do not produce an error in single channel mode. In [b]dual channel mode[/b] the memory modules produce errors when tested by memtest 3.0. I am going to change the bios settings to 2-4-4-7 for my Abit IC7-G bios and want to confirm the timing settings. I am [b]assuming[/b] 2-4-4-7 means: 2 - CAS latency time 7 - Act to precharge delay 4 - DRAM RAS# to CAS# delay 4 - DRAM RAS# precharge Can you confirm the settings above correspond correctly to the descriptions for my bios? Thanks! Tomster

I am currently running at Cass 2-4-4-7 @2.8v. In dual mode, I am not getting errors with Memtest for 1.5 hours. I plan to run overnight to see how it does. Will changing to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and setting the Dim Volltage to 2.75 Volts be a change for the better or worse? Thanks, Tomster

Archived