Corsair Community

CGM2X2G800 Brand new DOA

akin21

Hi guys it was a very sad day yesterday for me as my new 4gb ram came as I was waiting inpaciently for it to come from the courier, as i opened it and put these bad boys into my pc i discoverd although it would boot but you couldnt use the keyboard at all i thought that is strange, then I took out 1 module and it booted perfectly fine then I took the working one out and put the faulty one in it wouldnt boot or some times with 3 to 4 times of repeat it would come to Asus logo which you couldnt even click DEL or anything as the keyboard was unresponsive. Please help me guys I know this is the best awsome company to buy rams from and from DOA its just made me feel like crying as i wanted to test my new rig. I guess things happen for a reason then :[pouts:

If anyone is willing to help me or tell me to test something first go ahead, so what do you think is the problem guys?

P.S Ive submitted a RMA already and waiting for them to give me a responce.

They wont replace any items unboxed without package sealing ect, so you want me to send the both or one module?

EDIT: Also i heard they stopped manufacturing my rams is that true and will it be replaced with a different one or there is still some stock left?

Problem is i cant contact them via phone as it will charge my UK Home phone landline alot of £££'s so the other option i got is to email them? Im gona post the two rams tommorow with tracking number provided for maximum protection.

Ok I sent it via Royal Mail international signed for with tracking code and it says its delivered in The Netherlands on 14/09/2010 and when I checked my status of RMA it still says Defective parts not recieved. Please guys have they got it or lost?

Ok I sent it via Royal Mail international signed for with tracking code and it says its delivered in The Netherlands on 14/09/2010 and when I checked my status of RMA it still says Defective parts not recieved. Please guys have they got it or lost?

Edit: Recieved email from them today that they have recieved it and going to look at if for review.

Its been 14 days since they have recieved my ram and said nothing;

Thank you for choosing Corsair products! The following is the status of your RMA Number 1183345.

RMA Issued On: 9/7/2010

Defective Parts Received on: 9/16/2010

* NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for this date to be updated after arrival at Corsair

Part Number Received: N/A

Quantity Received: N/A

RMA Replacement Parts Ship Date: N/A

Replacement Part Number: N/A

Replacement Part Quantity: N/A

Replacement Shipping Method: N/A

Replacement Shipping Tracking Number: N/A

RAMGUY please, I have been without a pc for weeks and no gaming, please help me :(

• Corsair Employee

There is little I can do from Tech support, but I did send them a message and ask them to check this case and update you ASAP.

But it would be best if you call them Directly 510-657-8747 Ext "3", you can use skype to call the 888 number 888-222-4346 Ext "3"

Archived