Corsair Community

HX1000 Issue?

sderden

Hey Guys, This will be a long post bare with me. I have an issue and Im not sure what the problem is. So Ive had the HX1000 for about 8 months been working great no issues at all. Then I got a new case and new MB. Did the switch of components and thats where all the problems started.

The new MB was an Asus Rampage Gene lll, and it would just get power on for a split second with the case fans/lights then no go. So did the usual taking parts in and out same thing after a while it wouldn't even get the split second light up. Would not respond to anything. Took the PSU out swapped it out with my friends PSU which is a Sunbeam 650 and it booted right up. Put my PSU in his case, and that would not power up. So im like god damn it! the PSU is dead. I tried one more thing which was the PSU test with the paper clip it Turned on. Put the PSU back in and bam started up. So I'm like sweet pushed the power button to re hook everything back up and would get the light/fan flicker again. HMM? So I did the paper clip test again reinserted the cables and it boots. So im thinking that there is a short on the MB since i now can hear a buzzing sound coming from my Gene lll. So I a refund from Newegg and buy a Sabertooth x58.

I get the MB and I'm excited Hook everything up and Plug in the Power to the PSU I see the lights on the MB on Im thinking ok so far so good, turn on the power it boots right away, and you know how it goes building a PC theres always some little thing that goes wrong on every build. This time it didn't, UNTIL I got into windows. It lasts for about 1 minute and hard powers off then turns itself back on. So Im thinking its a driver issue because I got a new Sound card and it could be causing a conflict. I go into safe mode and have no issues removing any of the drivers. I do a driver sweep to all my video card sound card and MB drivers. Basically remove all my drivers. Reboot BAM same Hard power off Like I'm holding the power button down.

So I do the usual removing all my crap and things except bare bones vid,ram, and so on. Same thing last about 60 seconds in windows and hard shutdown.

At this point Im at a loss as to what it is except the PSU. Not sure but Ive tested it with each video card together and one at a time. No sound card 1 HD and differnt ram and slots. Ive been working on this for about a week and I'm at my witts end here.

Any Advice?

Hi guys. I am having the same issue as OP except for the fact that my HX1000 is a brand new replacement unit I just received from an RMA from Corsair today. It's really frustrating as I have been waiting for 3 weeks for the unit to arrive and when I connected it to my PC, it did not even last 10 minutes. I installed an old PSU and everything works. I put the HX1000 in and it powers on for like 1 sec like the OP. Any help is appreciated as I want to avoid paying for return shipping for another RMA as I did it once already.

• Corsair Employees
RMA the PSU using the link on the left.

I would agree with Wired, lets get it replaced!

f_vuong, If you are having the same problems with a replacement then there is likely some other issue. It sounds like there could be a short somewhere in the system. I would try disconnecting all the devices you can, and get down to a barebones setup and see if there is any change. At that point if you still have the same problems you may want to remove the motherboard from the case and bench test the system to make sure the board is not shorting out somewhere.

Today, I took out the motherboard out of the case and tried connecting only the motherboard and the CPU to the PSU. The light is on and it looks like there is power going to the motherboard but it will not boot. The light will blink once and that's it. I connected an old PSU and everything works. I also tried the paperclip test and the PSU fan works. but when I connect a case fan to it, the fan will not work or will work for 1 second then stops.

edit: I also tried the HX1000 on another system and the same thing happened, will not boot.

edit2: called technical support...looks like I will proceed with another RMA

Archived