Corsair Community

Hydro Series H70

ThePhenom

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Good Night all, Where ever you may be in the world.

Please accept my apologize if this is in the wrong area of the forums this is my first post here.

Well what can I say I did it I went and got the Corsair Hydro Series H70 and what a bit of Kit this thing is.

However Ecstatic I was when it arrived, delirious I was when I installed it, deflated I became when only one of the radiator fans functioned. Unfortunately one of the connector wires has become detached from the plug on the "y" connector for the fans.

So as doing as asked by Corsair within the box and not returning this product back to the store where purchased, and to contact them either by phone or email so I did. After install on Saturday night and as said deflated to see that the Y connector was broken I emailed the RMA team. Please see email below.

Sent: 28 August 2010 22:54

To: rmaservice@corsair.com

Subject: Corsair Hydro Series H70

Ecstatic I was when it arrived, delirious I was when I installed it, deflated I became when only one of the radiator fans functioned. Unfortunately one of the connector wires has become detached from the plug on the "y" connector for the fans, please see attached picture. It would seem to me to be overkill to dismantle the installation and return the whole kit when all that requires replacing is the "y" connector. Would it be feasible for a replacement connector to be sent and the offending miscreant connector returned for whatever you deem an appropriate punishment!!

Got to say that, this hitch aside, this is a mean bit of kit this has reduced my full load temperature by 15-18 degrees.

Hope to hear from you soon with a mutually agreeable solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance

From: rmaservice@corsairmemory.com [mailto:rmaservice@corsairmemory.com]

Sent: 28 August 2010 22:54

To: ThePhenom

Subject: Corsair Hydro Series H70

Dear Valued Corsair Customer,

We are sorry to see you are experiencing problems with a Corsair product. Your RMA inquiry has been received and is being processed. We consider your request to be of the utmost importance and will respond as quickly as possible however, please allow up to 24hrs for processing. Please submit your request only once. If you have waited longer than 24hr for a reply, please contact our Customer Service at: 1-888-222-4346 or 1-510-657-8747 x0.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

Know this was late on Saturday night UK Time I wasn't expecting an answer till about Tuesday the latest give possible all the queries that there could be over a weekend. But to my surprise there was no answer!

So Last night Wednesday 1 September 2010 I email again copying in my original email and their auto response hope that this was just a wee blip and there may of just misplaced my email or missed in it error which I could understand.

Email Below

Sent: 01 September 2010 22:51

To: 'rmaservice@corsair.com'

Subject: RE: Corsair Hydro Series H70

Dear Corsair,

Starting to get a bit hotter now and especially under the collar. Please see below the email which I sent on Saturday night. It is now 22:50 GMT on the following Wednesday and still no answer. Please could someone contact me over the next day or so.

Thanks

I know this is a little short of 24 hours but there is still no answer to this email bar the auto response.

Now I know that it doesn't get that hot here in Bonnie Scotland but I would much like to run the H70 with the push pull configuration as it should be.

Is there anyone here that can helps this Scot and point me in a direction where I can get a answer, Or where I go from here. Ideal I don't want to send the H70 back for one wire but hopeful someone can help me sooner rather then later.

I know this bangs on a bit and I am sorry so I won’t type much more for you to read I look forward to some help know Thanks love from Scotland

ThePhenom

• 1 month later...

Archived