Corsair Community

Sony Vaio VPC-F12ZE1 / F160 - OS Not Found?

I have Sony Vaio VPC-F12ZE1 with a Corsair F160.

Computer restarts itself spontaneously (unluckly when I am not around ) and it says "Operating System not found". This happened last week when I had the SSD since 2010-08-12. F12 has the same chipset as the VPC-E, but with i7 720M CPU and nVidia 330M.

Looked at the settings and the drive turns of 20 min of inactivity, but it is a random situation. Howerver, when it restarts itself spontaneously it always works to reboot it manually.

Why would the P-series work better in an OEM-laptop?

• Corsair Employee
Try and turn off suspend to RMA and do not let power management turn off the drive. So disable suspend to RAM, Hybrid suspend if using Windows 7 and I would also turn off TRIM as well and see if that solves the issue for the time being.

• Corsair Employee

lundstrom.emil

I made a Typo error it should have been RAM not RMA please go back and check it I have corrected what I posted.

All other posters will be removed from this thread if your post does not directly pertain to the OP questions!

made an reinstalled, needed anyway, turned off suspend and hibernation, but trim is on in OS. The issue seems to be gone after the configuration and Win update. Will report back if the issue arise again. ;)

Off topic: Why does it seem that the F120 and below have many issues but not the SSDs above F120?

• Corsair Employee
Off topic: Why does it seem that the F120 and below have many issues but not the SSDs above F120?

The issue is actually a small % of whats actually sold; most have no problems with any SSD, but some configurations have shown to have issues.

And the smaller size SSD's are more popular because of the cost is the most likely reason.

Archived