Corsair Community

2 kits of CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 + Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 rev 1.0

Slix

I have a gigabyte EX58-UD5 rev 1.0 motherboard (latest non beta bios: F12) with 2 Dominator 6gb 1866 kits (model CMG6GX3M3A1866C7) and I have been plagued with random BSOD in windows 7 x64 (almost always while gaming) for about a year now.

At first I thought it was a driver issue with my nvidia graphics cards in SLI mode, but after reading several forum posts about my motherboard having issues with certain models of corsair dominator memory, I began to wonder if it was not the RAM.

My first instinct was to run memtest86+ for on the ram but I didn't find any errors after letting it run for 24 hours. Then, I went to look at the bios settings and made sure everything was set to the defaults using XMP profile 1. After saving the BIOS settings the PC shut itself off twice in a row. Upon finally booting I got a message saying something along the lines of "overclocking voltage failure settings reset to defaults" and I realized the boot screen showed the RAM at 1066mhz (shouldn't it say 1866 if it was working properly?).

I also noticed the profile's voltage is 1.65V when my defaults are 1.5V. I tried setting it to 1.64/1.66V but no luck. I can't figure out what I'm missing...

Does anyone know the proper settings for the EX58-UD5 motherboard with the dominator CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 kits or have any recommendations for my issue?

Thanks for the info. I didn't think I would have to run them lower because I had 2 kits.

I was able to get it to boot at 1600 if I don't use XMP and set performance to standard but it was only detecting 4gb ram. Tweaking the QPI and DRAM voltage I was able to get it to see 8gb but that was with 1.46V/1.76V. Going higher than that just didn't post.

I also tried for 1333 and I don't seem to have any issues with that one using default voltages.

Any other suggestions or will I just have to keep it at 1333?

Archived