Corsair Community

tx850

marcm1

computer started acting up and not booting, lcd started showing locked on it. talked to asus they had me buy new bios, didn't work. so they set me replacement board and same problem when you go to start it everything works but no boot just the lcd say locked. have trie d clearing cmos and left battery out for long periods of time and still the same, I haave tried single stick of memory and same. The memory is m***k**s black line 2 gig each 8-9-8-24 pc3 1600. Have checked main plug for power supply and checks fine could there be something wrong with the 8 plugin for the cpu??? Just what is the chance of them sending a motherboard to me with the same problem. I have no way to check memory but have tried each by itself and nothing. the computer has been running perfect since last november then 3 weeks ago started telling me I needed to flash my bios to unleash my cpu potetial.Any ideas what to check next?????

the problem i have is that i don't have another computer this is the only one I have so i would have to go buy something else. just wanted to know if there is a way to test the 8pin plug for cpu side of motherboard. does the pci 6 pin plug that has the 2 pin plug hooked to it work the same way as the 8 pin plug where I could try pluging it to the cpu plug in on the motherboard to see if that makes a difference or are the 2 pins both negative since they are both black wires coming from the same side in the 6pin connector???

Have just off phone with Very good tech at Asus again because what are the odds that both my motherboard and the replacement would have same problem!! NOT!! anyway he narrowed it down to cpu memory controller and had me call intel to rma it. He looked up the spec number on my I7 920 2.66 1366 and they are showing known issues with it and the controller in it. Will send it out tommorrow and will let you know as soon as they send me the new replacement.

Archived