Corsair Community

Memory Missing?

Mark65

Whatever the problems are, they now appear to be significant, and must be a major concern to Corsair.
Clarify your opinion please.

I can only assume they have a high volume of failures, maybe this is the cause of the long delays in replacement items, my last two replacements have had a G on the code ending, i thought it might stand for germany possibly, the packs themselves all look new and spot on, maybe its a bad batch that has slipped through quality control checks.
G = RoHS compliant. G = GREEN, and is not part of the part number.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Wired

Well thats the riddle of the G solved, thanks, now to solve the riddle of £100 tested ram failing, however i will be at my brothers this weekend and i will test the duff stick in his pc before it gets suggested to me, but i can still confirm i have had no email regarding the return of this ram that was sent to me, would it not make sense to have a contact to email in europe rather than america as each email has at least a day turn around,and its been a month now from the start of this. And the ram is 2x2g sticks.

Mark

Clarify your opinion please.

G = RoHS compliant. G = GREEN, and is not part of the part number.

For that I would refer you to my thread "RMA Process Critique" where I have spelled out exactly what happened to me, and the failures which just might be of concern. They certainly concerned the chap on the phone when I talked to him yesterday - the failures certainly worried me.

I hope that clarifies things.

Are you referring to the memory itself, or the RMA process?

I initially was concerned about the RMA process, and the lack of timely feedback. After nine days, I was beginning to be concerned about whether the memory had gone walk-about, or not. Similarly when Jelaide told me that a tracking number had been issued, and I checked with UPS and their site said "In Transit", I misled myself into thinking that the shipment was moving - this was not the case, of course.

I became very concerned when the first set of new memory failed, and doubly concerned when the second set failed.

So, as you can see, my concerns moved from one area to another as the process evolved.

If it was my business, which it is not, I would be a touch worried about the RMA process, but really concerned about the memory failures.

Okay so its now friday night here and i have still had no emails regarding this dead memory i was issued, i have checked my work email and my home and neither show anything from Jelaide, it cant be hard i would just like memory that works, Ramguy i have replied to your email, i think this is again beyond a joke, i have tried your advice, at the moment im running 1x2 gig stick that was sent at its 1066 setting it works fine so far and the other does not, i am really getting frustrated here, how can i recommend your memory when it takes 2-3 days for an email reply, next week roles into week number 5 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Corsair Employee

Yea really hey get me some strawberry or Cherry twizzlers please!:D:

bellandbottle,

Please keep to your own thread you are not helping and only making things harder to decipher in this thread. Mark65 is the O.P and this is his thread!

Hi Ramguy

Jelaide has asked for the memory to be returned, i assume to the netherlands and also i assume it will be both sticks as they are a pair?,she has also given me a ups account number to use and new ref number, now she says to use a ups store?, no idea what they are, should i just phone ups in the morning and ask them. And pleeeeeeease can you test the replacement ram on a real machine thanks.

Thanks

Mark

• Corsair Employee

bellandbottle,

No problem and in some threads we do encourage that but this section is if you know you have a failing module and need help getting them replaced, other sections in the forum can be more conducive to that type of posting.

Mark65,

All of our modules are tested on a MB at the tested settings before they leave the factory so if that happens again I would suspect some other issue and would encourage you to call in and speak with our tech support to help you.

I would suspect that also ramguy but 1 stick works fine the other is failing, the original 4 which were two matching pairs 1 of each pair failed but the other 2 would work fine together in memtest ,prime 95 and in normal use. So if all the modules failed i too may suspect somthing else but as they are not clearly the ram must be at fault, maybe i will get lucky like bellandbottle and my next set might work.

Mark

Ramguy

The memory is 2x2gig sticks, and only one fails in all slots,the other works fine in all slots, the original memory worked fine for over a year then one of each matched pair failed, only the original was 4x1gig sticks, two of them worked fine in any slot and two would not. I have no idea if the 8500 dominators are just overclocked 6400`s but i really dont think its my board, ive run the single 2 gig stick for three days even when playing games and its been fine but the other dies straight away on test 1, any way ups collected it today, so i hope the third set actually work, in fact i would sooner have 6400 dominators, probably a better chance of them working, and to confirm i did try the duff stick in brothers mobo and the same thing happened, bsod.

Lets hope third time lucky.

Mark

Ramguy

I have returned the sticks today using corsairs shipping account but as its the slowest service i was asked to use it may take a while and jelaide says they will wait to receive them, if this is so, it will will most likely add another week bringing this saga to six weeks, i have asked for her to replace them with 6400 domis or xms as they will have a better chance of working and i will be able to sell them when they arrive as i have really had enough now, i will carry on using my ******** memory, I dont think i should be sat here hoping the memory will work really, not at the premium price paid for it.

Mark

OK THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE!!!!!!

I have waited for another week for a lower grade of ram just to have it working,

Thank you for your confirmation. Your replacement of TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX will be shipping out within 1-2 business days. Once it shipped you will receive an email with tracking information. You may also contact us again to get the tracking number.

And what do i get 2x1gb?? its the wrong amount of ram it should be 2x2gb=4gb, this is bodering on incompetence, 6 weeks now this has been going on! I just want 4gb of working ram :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mark

Wired

What is in red is what the email from Jelaide said, i sent 4 gig back, i was tired of defective ram so i asked for 6400, that is what should have been sent 2x2gb, cmon its not rocket science its simple maths here.

Could be the message was wrong, could be the wrong part number is being sent out.

Your replacement of TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX, why would i return 4gig of 8500 ram and take 2 gig of 6400, i might as well throw money away.

Which will, let me guess ,have to be picked up again, then new stuff delivered, then we can roll into week number 7, is there a problem with the staff in the netherlands reading?, yes i am extremely annoyed, if you were based in the uk i would have trading standards involved now.

Please do not make out this might be my fault, it is clearly a fault at corsairs end, i can post every email sent and received since the beginning of this farce if you like you can then check them yourself.

Mark

• Corsair Employee

Mark

You need to call our customer service there is little we can do in tech support.

Install Skype then use it to call 888-222-4346 and choose Ext 3 that will take right to our customer service and will not cost you a dime/shilling.

Hi

Well i hope this will be the final update, i received the replacement memory i asked for and have been gaming and have ran prime 95 for 7 hrs with no problems so far.

My thoughts over this period are that yes Corsair does stand behind its product till it is resolved even if it takes a while and communication with them was good even though we are on opposite time zones, Jelaide has been a star with this even when i was getting annoyed and always answered my emails promptly, hats off to her, ram guy has done what he could with advice.

The only down side really is the turn around time, comms with the netherlands was a waste off time and with my 8500 memory there seems to be a problem hence i opted for the low latency 6400 for which i can neither see of feel any difference with everyday pc work and gaming. The amount of times the memory went to and from the netherlands was crazy and the cost must have been terrible, but if you want reliable and well tracked service for your returns or deliverys then UPS are top people, probably why Corsair use them, a bit expensive but worth it for peace of mind.

I still think it would be easier and far cheaper as well as quicker if when you return your defective parts that Corsair issued you with a credit note or arranged with your local supplier for you to collect replacement parts, that way if they to prove to be faulty rather than another rma you can just return them to the shop/store for immidiate replacement saving all the transportation costs.

So the big question, would i buy corsair products in the future? yes because they will stand behind there products.

The End ( i hope lol)

Mark

Archived