Corsair Community

Asus Rampage formula will not find F40 drives

crazyjerm

[TABLE][/TABLE]Hello

I seem to be having trouble getting 2 CSSD-F40GB2 drives to work i can find them and use them with my old windows install windows 7 64 bit and they are fast but when i try to use 1 or 2 as a boot drive IDE/ACHI windows installer does not find them they do show up in bios before i try to install then i also cant seem to find them with the MB raid controller Intel ICH9R not sure what to do i updated bios to latest tryed just one drive at a time in system but wouldnt see them hunted around for people with same problem just none using my board raid making raid in windows then install to that but will not boot to it but does install to it any info would be great thanks

my intel matrix storage manager controller is V7.5.0.10.17 ICH9R for raid set up once in a while it on a restart the drives show up but says they are not bootable is there anyway to update the onboard controller i starting to think that is my problem

I don't think these drives like the ICH9R very much (V7.5.0.1017). I just picked up a couple of F60's to replace my R60's on my Gigabyte EX38-DS5, and I cannot for the life of me get it to allow me create a RAID. The option to press Ctrl-I rarely comes up, and on the rare times it did, the only drive which appears in the setup is my storage drive (500 GB Samsung).

Updating the storage controller I don't think will fix the problem. In my case, I started with running the Intel firmware version 1.20E which is on the latest BIOS for my motherboard. I downgraded the BIOS to the previous version, which has the Intel firmware 1.07, and it made no difference.

To say I'm bummed about all this is an understatement. I went from the issue with the R60's not detecting at boot at random ocassions, to now not even being able to create a RAID with the F60's (which ironically I could do fine with the R60's).

I guess all we can hope for is that a SSD firmware will come out to fix the problem. Either that or it's a newer motherboard with a ICH10R, or a RAID card. :(:

For those of you with this issue and Gigabyte MOBOs, please check and see if there is a beta BIOS or a release BIOS dated on or after approximately August 10, 2010. There is a known issue with some Gigabyte MOBOs that Gigabyte has resolved with a BIOS update.

[TABLE][/TABLE]Hello

I seem to be having trouble getting 2 CSSD-F40GB2 drives to work i can find them and use them with my old windows install windows 7 64 bit and they are fast but when i try to use 1 or 2 as a boot drive IDE/ACHI windows installer does not find them they do show up in bios before i try to install then

Is this on the same system each time? Also, attach each drive to a working system and check the firmware version using Everest, Crystaldisk, or a similar utility.

ok took two shots of crystal disk one of Each SSD it looks to me that drive is 1.1 on the also tryed what ram guy said but when i do that windows installer doesnt show them when in ACHI or RAID or IDE when set to Raid intel ICH9R v7.5.0.1017 doesnt even show them does when i set them to a raid in windows using intel rapid storage tool v 9.6.4.1002 but it tells me its not bootable and doesnt get me the option to reformat it or anything other then update drivers

261255215_Crystaldiskshot1.gif.82224b014e163f0642a8a395e6f30e05.gif

1382459151_Crystaldiskshot2.gif.d37f617042c073b81478d44053b02703.gif

Can you try a DOS based utility? FDISK from WIN98 or other utilities should do the trick assuming the drives are appearing in the BIOS. I'd do it with the controller in IDE mode.

I suggested IDE mode. Not sure if it will matter as it's been a LONG time since I used FDISK.

they still do not show up in installer window when selecting drives tryed once with old drives still in they showed up then unplugged mine made sure ssd was still in sata port 0 and 1 but they dont show up not sure if i Fdisked them right but did it how i used to when install 98 in the dos window before install starts

For those of you with this issue and Gigabyte MOBOs, please check and see if there is a beta BIOS or a release BIOS dated on or after approximately August 10, 2010. There is a known issue with some Gigabyte MOBOs that Gigabyte has resolved with a BIOS update.

Unfortunately I don't think that will help in my case as Gigabyte seem to have dropped support for my board. Last update was Beta BIOS F5B released on the 2009/04/24, which updated the Intel ROM to 1.20E. Not holding my breath anything else will appear.

Unfortunately I don't think that will help in my case as Gigabyte seem to have dropped support for my board. Last update was Beta BIOS F5B released on the 2009/04/24, which updated the Intel ROM to 1.20E. Not holding my breath anything else will appear.

What board is it?

ok will try that next but all i been trying to do is get them to show up in windows install window they never show up only time they did is when i used intel RST program to make them into a raid in my old windows install rebooted they showed up in my raid controller as a raid but not bootable so i tryed to install any way didnt work so i then FDisk them like told too none raid but they still never show up under any Setting IDE/RAID/ACHI in the windows installer and they Raid controller never sees them when not set in Raid from intel RST program getting lost here i just dont see how erase them different ways will make them show up the hole point of buying them was for raid 0 set up for boot but windows does see them once i boot into my old install off my raptors and i can format them and use them just getting installer to seem before hand is driving me nuts sorry for being a pain just not sure if i got the tech skill to solve this using to computer parts just working =/

well tryed something new well installing Windows 7 set MB to IDE then Raid then ACHI well on each install i put in a flash drive with Intel RST drive 9.6.4.1002 well on ACHI and installing windows i loaded drivers and both SSD showed up in there this time but still cant install to them

sate port 0 says setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate and exiting stytem partition. see setup log file for more information

second SSD in Sata port 1 says windows can not be installed to this disk. this computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. ensure that the disk controller is enabled in the computers Bios menu

Archived