Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D v2.1- Conflicting configuration info?

schadowtech

I have the above listed modules (2 of them, total of 4GB) running on an ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe with the Heatpipe design. I have intermittently been able to get them to run OK and when they do they are lightning fast, but my problem is this: I keep finding conflicting information on the specific settings required to make it run properly on my motherboard and I am getting BSODs a lot.

I checked both ASUS & Corsair websites to confirm that these modules are compatible - I'm OK there. My BIOS is up to date. Everything indicates they should run at 1066MHz at 5-5-5-15 timings, so I'm good there.

Some of the info on the Corsair website indicates I should run these modules at 2.10v, some says 2.15v, some says 2.2v. When I looked at the testing parameters for this memory listed on the Corsair website, it lists a lot of custom configurations needed in BIOS but only mentions 2 ASUS motherboard models...neither of which are the one I am using:confused:

Does this mean I only have to use all those custom settings if I were using one of those other boards? If so, exactly what settings am I supposed to be using for this memory on my motherboard? It's possible the sticks I have are just failing, but I'd like to MemTest them with the 'absolutely-for-sure' correct BIOS settings before I RMA them. Anyone know what they are?

Any advice would be most welcome, as I am at a loss.

Wow, thanks for the speedy response :)

I read the label and it says 2.10v...but Corsair's website says 2.15v...and what about all the rest of those settings, like NorthBridge voltage, CPU external frequency, etc? I don't want to void my warranty by guessing incorrectly and frying them.

Go with the label's instructions, as they're for that specific kit. Don't worry about the rest. Now you may need to tweak other settings if you need to OC your CPU in order to run the memory at its rated speeds, but you may not need to do any of that.

Archived