Corsair Community

F60 Drive Problem?

Joe Schmo

I was in the process of intalling WIn7 64bit on a new F60 drive. I selected the unpartitioned space and the installation started without problems. It was progressing extremely slow but steady. During the install, my on turned off the power strip that the computer was plugged into (I know, I should keep him away from plugs) Now, when I restart the istallation, delete the original partition and try to install windows, I am unable to do so. I get a message that says, "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the selected for installation. Error code 0x80070057." Is there a problem with the HD now? Is there any way to refresh it to the factory state, like reflash the firmware and do a full erase or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Did the secure erase on the drive. 1st, I get the message about S.M.A.R.T unable to be started. Ignored that as I was under the impression smart is not necessary for SSDs. Booted to the windows 7 install disk but still unable to install to the drive. Is there any way I can get an RMA on this drive?

Archived