Corsair Community

650TX Fan makes chirping noises

gussie

Hi,

Just purchased a 650TX PSU here in the UK from Scan and noticed the fan making a distinctive chirping noise.

Took the PSU out of the case and switched it on bare on my desk with the green wire jumpered and just a CD Drive hooked up for load, and yes the fan definitely makes a chirping noise - no doubt about it!

RMA'd the unit back to SCAN and they claim no fault found and now request additional payment before the unit is returned to me.

Do you have a UK operation that can sort this out and be a technical authority on this.

If your reseller can not help you then you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if there is anything that they can do to help.

If you can get the unit back you can RMA it directly through us, just Request an RMA.

SCAN are insisting there is no fault and are going to charge me £35 + VAT = £41.13 to return the unit to me.

So I will pay the fee and then have the unit independently tested by someone here in the UK to prove that the fan is faulty!

Got the fan back and yep it's still noisy despite SCANs assessment. Paid £41 to get it back from SCAN - will now contact my local UK Trading Standards office to advise me - possible independent lab test to prove that it is faulty and then Small Claims court to sue SCAN!

Check for yourself ....

• 2 weeks later...

Emailed your support people (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) on the 9th September for some advice - no reply yet.

In the meantime have posted some more videos of my noisy 650TX here ...

which clearly illustrate the issue I have.

Unfortunately I now have to sue my UK supplier as he refuses to take the unit back - they insist that it is not faulty.

• 5 weeks later...

After serviing a court claim, SCAN finally refunded all monies paid plus costs incurred.

I will never purchase again from SCAN or indeed any Corsair product ever again.

I pray I have no more dealings with either company.

• Corsair Employees
Sorry to hear about your experiences, we are normally pretty quick to respond but you can always get things taken care of more quickly by calling our customer service directly at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or (510) 657-8747.

Archived