Corsair Community

Stupid RAM always stupid problems

Ejzionken

Okey, I'm pretty pissed of right know so bare with me.

I bought two sets of: CMP4GX3M2B1600C8

First of all. Why isn't there any information about this RAM on this site?....

Second of all, Is that RAM for Intel or AMD? The store i bought it from told me that it was perfect for my Intel i7 860.

So, i also have a big problem. My PC freezez ALL THE TIME. Its so fu*** annoying that stuff dont work when everybody tells me that i should.

Working: 9-9-9-24, 1.645v, 1333Mhz.

Not working: X.M.P

Not working: 8-8-8-24, 1.65, 1333Mhz

Not working: 8-8-8-24, 1.65, 1400Mhz

Not working: 8-8-8-24, 1.65, 1500Mhz

Not working: 8-8-8-24, 1.65, 1600Mhz

Not working: 9-9-9-24, 1.65, 1400Mhz

Not working: 9-9-9-24, 1.65, 1400Mhz

Not working: 9-9-9-24, 1.65, 1500Mhz

Not working: 9-9-9-24, 1.645, 1400Mhz

Not working: 9-9-9-24, 1.645, 1500Mhz

Not working: 9-9-9-24, 1.645, 1600Mhz

I'm not going to test my RAM with different kind of programs, i cant and i dont want to spend more of my time on your stupid not working products.

I want you to tell me what i should use for settings in bios or i will just want my money back. You should pay me extra for all the hours I spent to try to make this work.

Should i just keep sending all the modulse back when it dont work with the rights specs? (8-8-8-24, 1.65 and 1333Mhz)

Please enter in your system specs here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra

FYI it's NEVER recommended to mix kits. They can't guarantee the specs when you mix kits that haven't been tested together. Having said that, I believe it's already been reported about that part # is missing from the website, and I believe they're intended for the AMD platform (awaiting confirmation of both).

Use the Corsair website and the configurator (link's on the left sidebar) to see what memory kits are compatible with your system. Then I'd return those kits back to the store and replace them with one kit that meets your needs (and is guaranteed to do so).

Please enter in your system specs here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra

FYI it's NEVER recommended to mix kits. They can't guarantee the specs when you mix kits that haven't been tested together. Having said that, I believe it's already been reported about that part # is missing from the website, and I believe they're intended for the AMD platform (awaiting confirmation of both).

Use the Corsair website and the configurator (link's on the left sidebar) to see what memory kits are compatible with your system. Then I'd return those kits back to the store and replace them with one kit that meets your needs (and is guaranteed to do so).

I didnt mix, its the same typ of modules?

But they weren't packaged together. This means they weren't tested together and as such can't be guaranteed to work together. Check the version number. You've got a 1 in 9 chance of them having the same version number, which indicates which ICs they uses (which just adds more compatibility issues to the pile).

Archived