Corsair Community

Resleeving the HX850

lawrencendlw

Hey I am currently resleaving the HX850 for better cable management and I was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the 24 pin adapter or if they have a pic of the back of the 24 pin adapter to be exact. I want to check for reference to make sure that the cables don't get mixed up. Thanks in advance guys.

I know about it voiding the warranty. That's fine. It's worth it, It looks awesome when done right. But what I need is a diagram of some sort to check the work that is already done to make sure that all the wires are in the correct places before plugging in and potentially screwing up my motherboard. So does anyone have a HX850 that they can take a clear picture of the back side of the 24 pin plug? I need the side that doesn't have the clip to attach to the motherboard but if you could just take a clear pic of both sides then that would be awesome. I didn't do any sort of whiteout marking or anything but that is a lesson learned for the next time. Thanks in advance.

Thank's this is perfect. This is for the HX850 correct? I looked all over the web for it and just could not find it.

Edit: I'll have to post a pic of the finished product. Well it's a buddy of mine's PSU and he is resleaving it but couldn't find this info anywhere else and since I was already registered with the forum from a RAM issue I had I told him that I would make a thread. I will make sure to get a photo of the finished product over here so you can see how it looks.

standard colors used. http://www.smpspowersupply.com/connector_atx_pinout.GIF

i dont know if mixing your grounds matters as they are all black?

good luck, if its a risk.

I need the side that doesn't have the clip to attach to the motherboard

0ops, hope he does not blow it up. this is the ATX motherboard connector side chart. why in the hell would you remove wires from both sides to sleeve? thats ridiculous! besides the hx850 has fixed atx wires right?

I hope that he doesn't either. He is removing all of the cables to individually sleeve each tiny cable so it looks nicer. If he screws up it's only a Asus Crosshairs IV at stake lol. He has done it before but just got mixed up somehow and needed to make sure. I think he had it right but just wanted to double check to make sure since his motherboard is kinda expensive to risk screwing up ya know. Thanks again though guys for all of the help. I'd give you rep but this site doesn't do that lol.

0ops, hope he does not blow it up. this is the ATX motherboard connector side chart. why in the hell would you remove wires from both sides to sleeve? thats ridiculous! besides the hx850 has fixed atx wires right?

Archived