Corsair Community

Asus Crosshair IV (890FX AM3) and CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

Firefreak

Hi,

I have the Asus Crosshair IV (890FX AM3) and CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 modules.

I can't seem to get the machine stable.

I'm running them at 9-9-9-24 2T 1600Mhz 1,75v.

Memtest completes a 9 hour pass without error but windows sometimes BSODs and sometimes the machine reboots. At 1.65v the machine did not even get to install windows.

Are these compatible with the Crosshair IV and what settings should I use?

The system has a 750W Corsair PSU, Phenom II X6 1050T and a low end ATI 5750 card so that should not be a problem.

Please help.

The modules you have are for the Intel i5/7 so they are not likely to function properly in any AMD mobo. You need the TW3X4G1600C9D, CMG4GX3M2B1600C7 or similar.

Use this Corsair memory configurator to see all the options for your Mobo.

http://www.corsair.com/configurator/default.aspx

I was told this was only a recommendation.

So there is no way these sticks will work on the Crosshair?

I was told this was only a recommendation.

So there is no way these sticks will work on the Crosshair?

The recommendations are based on what works reliably or doesn't for a given CPU. On occasion people get non-recommended memory to function without issues on a Mobo/CPU it is not recommended for but if you're having problems then the logical approach is to use the memory that is designed and recommended for your CPU/Mobo, expecially with DDR3 RAM.

The recommendations are based on what works reliably or doesn't for a given CPU. On occasion people get non-recommended memory to function without issues on a Mobo/CPU it is not recommended for but if you're having problems then the logical approach is to use the memory that is designed and recommended for your CPU/Mobo, expecially with DDR3 RAM.

My problem is that using the Zalman CNPS10X I cannot use any DHX or Dominator series because they hit the heatpipes on the CNPS. These Corsairs were the only ones decently priced to fit this setup. All corsair kits these days seem to be i5/i7 ones anyway.

Unfortunately for Cas 7 the only modules would be the Dominators. The top fins on the DHX+ modules are removable which may give you another .15-.2 of clearance.

I don't mind running the memory @ CAS 9. I'll even settle for CAS 10 if that was an option. I just want these CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 to work properly, but that seems impossible.

Archived