Corsair Community

Regretting this purchase and its not even here!

Having read a number of forums including this one, i am more than concerned about spending £460 on a Force 240GB SSD.

Seems that there is multiple unsolved issues with these things.

Sleep/Hibernation issues

SMART not working even though its claimed that it does!

Performance not being up to scratch and the numbers not looking like they do on all the reviews.

Corsair blaming Sandforce and Sandforce blaming Corsair.

No firmware updates, Poor Sandforce support.

As this is going into a new Macbook Pro with Windows Bootcamp.

Am i making big mistake with this SSD?

Most performance issues that I've seen are due to people running it as their C drive and not taking into account the activity of the OS offsetting the ATTO results. Also, I've never seen Corsair blame SandForce or vice versa.

What I'd be more concerned about is putting an SSD in a Macbbok Pro period. I don't know if this series is recommended for that. I know that the P series is recommended for most OEMs, just not sure if that includes Macs.

Different manufacturers sometimes use different firmware versions and then on top of that add their own tweaks as they see fit. Don't know about the rest as I've never ripped apart an SSD, but it's safe to say that it's entirely possible for all of that to change between manufacturers.

• Corsair Employees

pandamonia,

You are welcome to try anything you like but if you think a MAC will work with any hardware you will have a rude awakening. MAC's do not have a BIOS and thus have no way to make adjustments like an X86 Channel MB like an ASUS or Gigabyte or MSI MB.

For any OEM system especially a MAC I would suggest using our Performance Series SSD. You are welcome to try our force drives have not really seen any issue with MAC's and force Drives in general but I do not know how many user are using them with a MAC. You might post on the MAC forum and see what they suggest.

Archived