Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF compatible with T2X4GB-6400C5DX

Cristari

From your memory selector it has informed me that TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX or TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF is suitable with my Motherboard (GA-EP45-DS3R).

I already have a 4GB Corsair kit in my set up (T2X4GB-6400C5DX) which looks to be discontinued.

I would like information on wither or not TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF is compatible with my currently installed memory set and will run without issue. I want to look at making my 4GB ram up to 8GB ram but am on a constrained budget so buying a 2x2Gb kit is about as expensive as I want to go (even that's quite expensive for me!)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Cris

Hmm strange that was the manufacturers reference noted on the order when I bought it. If it helps the memory on the website I ordered it from was called

'Corsair Memory 4GBKIT (2X2GB) 800MHZ NON ECC CL5'

If you can see the following you should hopefully be able to work out what one it is:

http://www.dabs.com/products/corsair-memory-4gbkit--2x2gb--800mhz-non-ecc-cl5-4PDN.html

I bought it from DABS.com within the last 12 > 24 months ago it's now stated as "Discontinued" by DABS.

Trying isn't an option I want to explore if it isn't going to work I'm out of pocket for more money than I can afford right now.

Most likely it's TWIN2X4096-6400C5DX. Either way it's listed on the memory label itself.

If that's the case then it should match well with TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX then?

I'll rip apart my machine to read off the memory label soon to check out which one it really is, unfortunately I need to use it atm :D

Well thanks anyway I guess that is that ruled out then. I am not going to spend money on something that "may or may not work". I guess I'll just have to wait until I have enough cash to spend on a full 8GB of ram instead of just 4.

Thanks for helping anyway.

Archived