Corsair Community

Cmpsu-400cx

dbgent

I bought one of these Power Supply's originally for my HP S4300NX because of an improved graphics card I installed. The mobo in that system has since bit the dust.

I am trying to use as many parts as I can in my HP D530 system.

Unfortunately it does not look like the CMPSU-400CX fits this system. The mounting hole placement is the issue.

Is there an adapter available or do I need to get another power supply?

You'd have to Google that one. Sounds like HP was using a proprietary sized power supply. Check to see if the original PSU / motherboard was ATX 2.01+ compatible. If you're getting a standard motherboard to replace the dead board, the PSU should be compatible with anything on the market, but you'll probably need a new case as well as proprietary cases usually don't have standard motherboard standoffs.

On the PS one hole is about 1/2 an inch beyond the case holes. Another hole in the PS is inset directly above the plug (or directly below the plug, if installed upside down). Is there a mounting kit available or would I need to look at getting another PS? I am not looking into replacing the mobo in the S4300NX at this time. I am only using the HP D530 system.

Apparently, according to HP, this is what the original unit is supposed to look like. http://www.cwc-group.com/dps240eb.html As you can see from the mounting holes they are in a rectangle. Looks like someone has replaced the PS in my D530 system at some point. Looks like the Corsair PS I have can not be used. I will have to return it and see if I can locate one that fits the D530 case. Any suggestions?

Archived