Corsair Community

Is my H50 working as intended?

POW

D0 i7 920 OC @ 3360mhz 160x21 Turbo ON

Vcore 1.075

Idle temp are around 46-48c (according to CoreTemp)

Running prime95 30 minutes now and its peaking 74c....

Checked BIOs fan speed, pump is at 1400 RPM, radiator fan is approx 1600 RPM with smart fan control OFF.

Got good air flow as far as I know.

My temp seems high for what my OC is...

Hey...

Ya your temps look a bit high for idle... Do you have your H50 set up as an intake or exhaust? What is your room temp? What kind of case do you have?

I found that my H50 keeps it cooler on loads, and I am at 42ish C on Idle with 3.6Ghz OC - with i5 760.

Please fill in your system specifications as requested at registration.

Sorry about that. Filled in now.

Radiator fan is taking air into the case.

Room is cold...i'm in Scotland with windows open, so my room is about 18c atm maybe.

Case is Fractal Design Define R2 Midi Tower Case.

Cheers.

Make sure you have the most recent BIOS flashed and then clear the CMOS. Once you have done that, compare your idle temps in the BIOS to your idle temps in the OS. Please post the 2 temps and see if your monitoring utility is giving an idle temp close to what the BIOS monitor is showing.

Make sure you have the most recent BIOS flashed and then clear the CMOS. Once you have done that, compare your idle temps in the BIOS to your idle temps in the OS. Please post the 2 temps and see if your monitoring utility is giving an idle temp close to what the BIOS monitor is showing.

In BIOS temp read about 46c idle. CoreTemp shows around 42 idle.

PS. The stock cooler that came with my D0 920 gives me around the same performance

Archived