Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 and Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

jessicacha

Hi,

I haven't built my system yet, but I bought CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 from a store because the tech guy there told me this should work with my mobo.

But after I bought it, I realized that it says i5, i7 unlocked or something, but I'm getting AMD x6 1055t!

Will the memory work with my mobo? or should I ask for refund?

PS. I can't find any of the corsair memory listed in [compatible with amd ....] here, so if I can't use this ram, I guess I'll have to buy more expensive ones.. :(

Thank you.

PS. Also, can you tell me if it will work with ASUS m4a785td-m evo or m4a785td-v? Thank you!

so what's the difference between i5/i7 compatible rams and amd compatible rams??

The difference between Intel and AMD compatible (you used the wrong term for this; the term should have been "optimized" rather than "compatible") DIMMs is that the Intel-optimized DIMMs have XMP memory overclock profiles in their SPDs while AMD-optimized DIMMs have similar (but incompatible with XMP) BEMP overclock profiles in their SPDs. If you're only going to use the DIMMs at JEDEC speeds, timings and voltages, either type should work. (This is because the BIOS on Intel motherboards will not see the BEMP profiles while the BIOS on AMD motherboards will not see the XMP profiles.) But if you intend to overclock the memory, you either have to set the speed, timings and voltages manually or get a memory kit that's optimized for your particular platform.

Archived